The COVID-19 pandemic has dramatically changed the way we work and forced many people to make the shift to remote work. As the world adapts to the new normal, more and more people are exploring the idea of side hustles as a way to supplement their income while working from home. With the rise of technology, there are numerous opportunities for individuals to earn extra money by leveraging their skills and interests. Whether you’re an expert in writing, design, or photography, or have other skills such as social media management or online tutoring, there’s a side hustle out there for you. In this article, we’ll dive into the top work from home side hustles for 2021 and explore how you can get started with each one. Whether you’re looking to earn some extra cash or start a new career, these side hustles offer the flexibility and freedom to work from anywhere.
Work From Home Side Hustles 2021
Looking to earn extra income from home this year? Whether you’re trying to supplement your full-time job or looking for a flexible way to earn money, there are plenty of side hustles to consider in 2021. Here are just a few to get you started:
Affiliate marketing: With affiliate marketing, you can earn a commission by promoting other people’s products. You can promote these products through your personal website, social media, and other online channels. Some popular affiliate networks include Amazon Associates and ClickBank.
Online tutoring: If you have expertise in a certain subject, you can offer your services as an online tutor. There are many platforms that connect tutors with students, such as Varsity Tutors and Chegg. Alternatively, you can create your own website and market your tutoring services there.
Virtual bookkeeping: Bookkeeping is an essential aspect of any business, but not all businesses have the resources to hire a full-time bookkeeper. That’s where virtual bookkeepers come in. You can offer your bookkeeping services remotely through platforms like QuickBooks or Xero.
Freelance writing: If you’re skilled at writing, you can offer your services as a freelance writer. There are many platforms like Upwork where you can find clients and build your portfolio. Specializing in a specific niche can help you stand out and attract more clients.
Remember, earning money from home requires dedication and hard work. It’s important to find a side hustle that aligns with your interests and skills. Consider taking courses or getting certifications to improve your skills and increase your marketability. With the right approach, a work from home side hustle can be a successful and rewarding way to earn extra income in 2021.
How do I start freelance writing?
Freelance writing is a great way to make money online, but getting started can be overwhelming. Here are some steps to take to jumpstart your career as a freelance writer:
- Identify your niche: Choose the type of writing that suits you best.
- Build a portfolio: Create a portfolio by writing samples for your desired niche. This will demonstrate your writing skillset.
- Create a website: Having a website will give you an online presence that potential clients can reference.
- Build your network: Join writing communities and engage with other writers and potential clients.
- Find work: Look for freelance writing jobs on websites such as Upwork, Fiverr, and Freelancer.
Starting a career in freelance writing can be challenging but rewarding once you have established yourself as a skilled writer.
Online tutoring has become a sought-after side hustle due to the shift to remote learning. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Choose a subject or grade level that you are knowledgeable and comfortable teaching
- Use platforms like Chegg Tutors or Wyzant to connect with students and build your reputation
- Make use of online resources and teaching tools to create engaging lessons
- Consider pursuing certifications or degrees to increase your credibility
According to Statista, the global online tutoring market was valued at $4.3 billion in 2019 and is expected to reach $18.5 billion by 2025. Online tutoring is a flexible and rewarding way to share your knowledge and help students achieve their goals. Check out the following table comparing popular online tutoring platforms:
|Chegg Tutors||Math, Science, English, Test Prep||$20 – $30|
|Wyzant||Math, Science, Languages, Music, Art||$30 – $60|
|TutorMe||Math, Science, Business, Technology||$16 – $26|
Is there a market for online tutoring?
Yes, there is a significant market for online tutoring services, especially due to the COVID-19 pandemic. With the increase in distance learning, more and more students require additional support outside of a regular classroom setting.
According to a report by Technavio, the online tutoring market is expected to grow by $132.21 billion between 2020-2024, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of over 15%.
Some popular online tutoring websites and products include:
- Khan Academy
These platforms offer a variety of subjects and have interactive tools to enhance the learning experience. The convenience and flexibility of online tutoring make it accessible to a wide range of learners, regardless of location or schedule.
Table: Growth of Online Tutoring Market by Region
Work from Home Side Hustles 2021
Looking for a way to earn extra income this year? Consider starting a side hustle! With today’s technology, there are countless opportunities to make money online from the comfort of your own home. Here are some work from home side hustles to consider in 2021:
1. Freelance Writing – If you have a way with words, freelance writing can be a lucrative side hustle. You can find freelance writing opportunities on platforms like Upwork and Freelancer.
2. Virtual Bookkeeping – Bookkeeping is a crucial aspect of any business, and many small business owners are willing to pay for virtual bookkeeping services. Consider offering your services on platforms like Bookminders or Bench.
3. Online Tutoring – If you have expertise in a particular subject, consider becoming an online tutor. You can offer your services on platforms like Tutor.com or StudyPool.
4. Social Media Management – Many businesses need help managing their social media accounts. As a social media manager, you would be responsible for creating content, scheduling posts, and engaging with followers. You can find social media management opportunities on platforms like Hootsuite or Buffer.
5. Affiliate Marketing – If you have a large social media following or a popular blog, consider becoming an affiliate marketer. You can earn a commission by promoting products and services on your platforms. Check out affiliate marketing platforms like ClickBank to get started.
Whether you’re looking for a way to make extra cash or want to turn your side hustle into a full-time business, these work from home opportunities can help you achieve your goals in 2021. Remember to stay organized, set goals, and most importantly, have fun!
Yes, you can make a decent income as a social media manager. Many businesses and individuals are willing to pay for someone to manage their social media accounts and create engaging content. Here are some ways you can make money from social media management:
- Charge an hourly rate or a fixed monthly fee for social media management services.
- Offer additional services such as social media advertising, influencer outreach, and content creation to increase your earnings.
- Partner with businesses and offer commission-based services, earning a percentage of sales generated from your social media promotions.
If you’re interested in pursuing a career in social media management, websites like Upwork and Fiverr offer opportunities to connect with clients and showcase your skills.
Work From Home Side Hustles 2021
Virtual assistance is an excellent side hustle for individuals who thrive in administrative and organizational duties. Thanks to the internet, virtual assistance jobs may not require any in-person work. Here are some tips for starting a virtual assistant side hustle:
- Determine what services you would like to provide. This can include things like email management, social media management, appointment scheduling, and more.
- Set up a website or create profiles on freelance job websites such as Fiverr, Freelancer, or Upwork.
- Create packages that offer different service levels (hours worked or the number of tasks completed) and price points accordingly.
- Stay organized with a client management system to ensure that you are meeting deadlines and staying on top of tasks.
The national average salary for a virtual assistant is $48,912 per year. However, as a freelancer, income can vary depending on the number of clients and hours worked. Some virtual assistants specialize in a certain niche, such as real estate or healthcare. Check out the following comparison table of popular organization and project management tools:
|Trello||Project Management, Collaboration, Task Prioritization||Free – $17.50/user/month|
|Asana||Project Management, Collaboration, Task Prioritization||$10.99 – $30.49/user/month|
|Monday.com||Project Management, Time Tracking, Client Management||$8 – $16/user/month|
Can you really make money as a virtual assistant?
Yes, you can definitely make a good income as a virtual assistant, especially if you have a specialized skillset and can offer premium services to clients. The industry is growing rapidly as more and more businesses are turning to freelance workers to complete administrative tasks and other business-related services remotely.
According to ZipRecruiter, the average salary for a virtual assistant is around $58,000 per year, with top earners making upwards of $100,000 annually.
There are various websites such as Upwork, Fiverr, and Freelancer that connect virtual assistants with clients looking for help with various tasks. Additionally, offering your services through social media platforms like LinkedIn or creating your own website can help you attract clients quickly and build a lasting reputation.
Some popular services that virtual assistants offer include:
- Social media management and content creation
- Email management and organization
- Calendar and schedule management
- Copywriting and proofreading
- Customer service and support
- Online research
- Project management and coordination
Overall, becoming a virtual assistant can be a lucrative career choice for those looking to work from home or remotely. It’s important to build a strong reputation and focus on delivering quality work to your clients to increase your income potential.
Work From Home Side Hustles 2021
With the rise of remote work, many people are searching for work from home side hustles 2021. Side hustles can be a great way to earn extra income, whether you’re looking to pay off debt, save for a rainy day, or just increase your spending money. Here are some ideas for work from home side hustles in 2021:
- Virtual Bookkeeping: If you’re skilled in accounting, becoming a virtual bookkeeper can be a lucrative side hustle. You can manage finances for small businesses or entrepreneurs from the comfort of your own home. Websites like Bookminders or Bench can connect you with clients.
- Transcription: With services like Transcription Hub or Rev, you can get paid to transcribe audio or video recordings for clients.
- Social Media Management: Many small businesses need help managing their social media presence, making social media management a great side hustle. Tools like Hootsuite or Buffer can help you manage multiple social media accounts efficiently.
- Online Tutoring: With the pandemic leading to more remote learning, online tutoring has become a popular side hustle. Websites like Tutor.com or Varsity Tutors can connect you with students of various age groups and subjects.
It’s essential to remember that side hustles take time and effort to get off the ground. You may need to devote significant time upfront before seeing a return on investment. Consider creating a website, building a social media presence, or signing up with a freelancer platform to get your work in front of potential clients. Additionally, make sure you have the tools and resources necessary to be successful in your chosen side hustle.
With perseverance and dedication, a side hustle can be an excellent way to earn extra income from the comfort of your own home. If you’re searching for work from home side hustles 2021, these ideas are a great place to start.
Can I make side money with photography?
Yes! Photography is a great way to make side money. Here are some ways to do it:
- Offer portrait or event photography services
- Sell your photos on stock photography websites such as Shutterstock or Getty Images
- License your photos on photography marketplaces such as Foap or Snapwire
- Sell your prints on online marketplaces such as Etsy or Redbubble
- Teach photography classes or workshops
While making money from photography can be rewarding, it’s important to note that it requires a certain level of skill and commitment. Invest in good equipment, practice your craft, and market your services to gain clients.
In conclusion, there are many work from home side hustles that can help you earn extra income and pursue your passions. Freelance writing, online tutoring, social media management, virtual assistance, photography, and many other flexible opportunities are available for those who want to work from home. Whether you are building your career, looking to supplement your income, or simply enjoy using your skills in your free time, work from home side hustles can be an excellent choice. Take the time to research your options, identify your skills, and find what works best for you. With dedication and effort, your side hustle can grow into a full-time career or provide a valuable source of additional income. So, get started today and explore the many opportunities available for work from home side hustles.