This is a job posting from company – Corix
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: South Carolina, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
Area Manager, or as assigned.
Who we are
Our Purpose is to help people enjoy a better life and communities thrive. Corix has been building, operating, and maintaining water, wastewater, electric, gas and sustainable energy utility infrastructure for many years across Canada and the U.S. Our vision is to be the preferred utility delivering co-created solutions our customers want. Throughout our history, we have helped communities to grow and thrive by implementing safe and efficient infrastructure solutions that meet their unique needs. At Corix our values are safety, integrity, excellence, and connection.
The Corix team has an opportunity for a Water-Wastewater Operator I based in Rock Hill, SC. This role is under direct supervision, performs routine tasks related to the operation of water and/or wastewater treatment facilities. Assists with maintaining plant compliance with EPA standards and state water Commission. Performs general cleaning of grounds and buildings. Ensures plant safety and sanitary requirements.
What you’ll do
- Operate and maintain water and/or wastewater treatment equipment, ensuring compliance with state and federal environmental protection limits. and adherence to Company policies and standards.
- Conduct ongoing repairs to equipment or shut down equipment for more extensive maintenance and repair, activating alternate equipment as needed. Requests services of outside maintenance vendor for major repairs and overhauls.
- Assist Lead Operator with emergency procedures in the event of overflow or spill of chemicals or unpurified water. Follows safety protocol.
- Prepare reports and maintain logs on meter readings, tests, chemical and equipment usage, and all other recordkeeping requirements; maintains various Company records and other reports as required by the state.
- Clean and maintain treatment plant, pumping stations and wells; prepare and paint equipment, walls, and floors.
- Maintain a safe working environment and report safety concerns to Area Manager.
- Complete facility and vehicle inspections, along with related follow-up.
- Forward customer inquiries on to Operator II or Lead Operator.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What you bring
- Requires at least 2 years of mechanical work experience
Education and Certification
- High school Diploma and the ability to attain First-Level operator license per state regulation within 1 year of employment; may be in the process of obtaining second-level license; must maintain a valid driver’s license.
Nice to Have
- Currently holds first-level operator license per state regulation preferred.
- 1 year specializing in chemical treatment of water and/or wastewater and/or a minimum of 1 year in water and/or wastewater utility field with experience in the operation and maintenance of ground-water supplied water systems and associated distribution system preferred.
Physical and Technical Skills
- Ability to frequently perform moderate to heavy physical demands, including lifting (75 lbs.), walking (10+ miles daily), climbing and mechanical repair.
- Ability to read meters, charts and gauges and accurately maintain records of plant operations.
- Ability to read and comprehend written technical information and to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to review, classify, categorize, prioritize and/or analyze data.
- Ability to perform mathematical equations to determine chemical doses required for flow rates and proper treatment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, co-workers and regulatory agencies.
- Familiarity with computer applications MS Word, Excel and utilizing tablet and mobile device; ability to learn internal software programs Ability to operate, maneuver and/or control the actions of equipment, machinery, tools and/or materials used in performing essential functions.
- Some travel may be required
- Must be available to work shift work; weekend scheduling may be required
- After-hour and weekend on-call support may be required
Life at Corix
- Paid Time Off and Holidays: We offer 18 days of PTO and 11 paid holidays,
- Health Benefits: The first day of the month after your start, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, health savings and flexible spending accounts and more.
- 401(k) Program: Employer contribution. Employer contribution made to the 401(k) plan are vested at 100% and start 30 days after your start.
- Technology in the Workplace: Access to most recent computer applications like Microsoft Suite, Video Conferencing tools and utilizing tablet, laptop and/or mobile device
- Grow at Corix: If you are interested in further developing your skillset within the role, we offer tuition reimbursements for any certification/licensing/self-development that you would like to explore.
- Employee Resource Groups (ERG): ERGs are voluntary employee groups that form based on shared characteristics or backgrounds and are sponsored by the organization.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include company provided life insurance, parental leave, Employee Assistance Program, discounted pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, and more
This document describes typical duties and responsibilities and is not intended to limit management from assigning other work as desired.
Management maintains the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Corix Group of Companies is an E-Verify participating employer.
People Focused and Inclusive Culture
We attract and develop connected, high performing people of diverse background, ethnicities and experiences, who achieve their goals in alignment with our purpose, vision, and values. Creating an inclusive and respectful work environment where everyone is included and able to do their best work and feel as though they belong.
Corix is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. Accommodations are available upon request. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those shortlisted will be contacted.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth (or related medical condition), or any other characteristic protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.