This is a job posting from company – Cantey Tech Consulting
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: South Carolina, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
Virtual IT Manager/Small Business vCIO Job Posting
Grab a cup of company this could take a while…….
Our company helps our clients with IT so they can focus on running their business, law firm, school, or medical practice. We also do schools and contracting work for large organizations. Big picture- We do all sorts of things from designing networks to providing ongoing maintenance; we are the company that our clients call for everything from basic pc support to hosted solutions to network management. Some clients want to push the envelope with new technologies, and some want to keep costs to a minimum.
To be an awesome and incredible teammate, we search for candidates that can be part of our culture and share our Core Values:
· Client First: Respond quickly and help our clients get what they want from technology. Build trust by operating ethically.
· Process Oriented: Always think about the next step in the process.
· Eager to Learn and Grow: Pick up the ball and run with it. Try new things.
· Positive Team Player: Work together to help clients and teammates.
· Problem Solver: Find the root cause and fix it.
We are looking for great people who are excited about technology and enjoy dealing directly with end-users. We’re fanatics about customer service, we run a responsive and professional operation, and we love what we do. (OK, we don’t love it every day but most days we do). We are looking to build our team with people who want to learn about the latest technology and want to contribute to our award-winning team. Every day is different over here and you must appreciate the thrill of thinking quick on your feet.
In this role, we are onsite approximately 50% of the time and provide remote support, strategic planning, budgeting, and client oversight from our home office 50% of the time. We are headquartered in Charleston, SC, but we need someone located in South or North Carolina to support our clients in those areas.
We typically work around 45 hours per week. With the right monitoring tools (you won’t believe all the cool tools we supply our employees to help our clients), standardization, automation, and processes in place, we work to eliminate “the crazy” the best we can. I would be lying if I said our days were cushy playing PlayStation or watching Netflix while listening to clients talk about email problems on the phone. That’s not our day – we are busting it to help our clients and move on to the net problem.
· Outstanding client communications and troubleshooting skills
· Detail oriented, the discipline for accurate and timely documentation and keeping track of billable time (This is important, again this is really important)
· Interface with appropriate technical personnel for client problems that cannot be resolved effectively
· Handle high-pressure moments when necessary
· Create and maintain IT budgets for clients
· Always prepared for client meetings and the ability to communicate in non-technical terms to non-technical decision makers
· Understanding of real-world requirements for security and business continuity based on the client’s needs
Qualifications and Technical Requirements
· Minimum 6 years of experience in Microsoft network and server technologies
· Microsoft Office 365
· Windows Remote Desktop Services – maintenance, setup, configuration, policies
· Amazon Web Services or Azure
· Basic Cisco switching, routing, VPN, VLAN, and wireless configurations (Cisco Meraki experience a plus)
· Experience setting up and managing data protection (backup) software (Veeam or other enterprise data protection experience a plus)
· Experience with case management software (documenting ticket time and notes)
· Virtualization (VMware, Hyper-V)
· Experience working inside a Managed Services Provider (MSP) or in an IT leadership role a plus
· Ability to configure and manage enterprise-wide security products including Antivirus, Antispyware, Email Security, Data Loss Prevention, Content Filtering encryption, and intrusion detection technologies
· Strong TCP/IP skills including DNS, DHCP, and VPN configuration
· Minimum Associates Degree or equivalent experience required
· Certifications Desired: Network +, Security +, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA
· A couple of other things:
o You must provide your own smartphone
o Must be fun to work with and understand humor
Voted one of South Carolina’s Best Places to Work in 2021, Inc 5000 Fastest Growing Companies List 9 years running, and we have an outstanding reputation for best in service and state of the art technical support by our clients with a 95% retention rate. What makes our company such a great place to work are the internal career advancement opportunities, the compensation package (think Health, 401K match, Tuition Reimbursement…) and most importantly the people that you get to work with every day.
If after reading all this, you are still awake, it sounds like a career and the company for you, then what are you waiting for? Apply all-ready!