This is a job posting from company – Thruway
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: New York, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
Thruway Fasteners, Inc. is one of the leading distributors of industrial products, supplying hundreds of original equipment manufacturers in 40 states and 28 countries. We help customers increase efficiency, drive growth, and rapidly respond to unique business challenges and opportunities. Thruway utilizes custom technology applications and vast industry specific knowledge to develop unique and flexible product management solutions. Headquartered in North Tonawanda, NY, Thruway has six branch locations across New York, Pennsylvania and Georgia.
The Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) Lead will be the public face of Thruway at customer on-site locations and an extension of the distribution branch. This position is cross-functional and can back up other VMI and/or warehouse associates. VMI Leads provide dedicated in-plant VMI services to key customers (often remote from Thruway branches).
This position will work ON-SITE at a Thruway Satellite location in Hornell, NY.
Safe operation of all equipment is the top priority of this position. The VMI Lead will follow all customer and Thruway Inc. safety requirements, defaulting to the more stringent requirements. Safely operate Thruway vehicles and maintain a clean driving record. Solve problems, offer guidance and know when to share information with Sales, Management and other Thruway staff as needed to ensure customer satisfaction.
Ready to Train – No experience required.
- VMI lead provides dedicated in-plant services
- Act as an extension of Thruway sales and quality team. Key customer information issues, policies, forecast, satisfaction must be relayed back to servicing branch sales/management in a timely manner.
- Manage all aspects of Thruway in-plant warehouse
- On a daily basis, ensure Thruway in-plant locations are safe and clean. Rectify any findings immediately or bring it to the Thruway GM and Customer plant supervisor’s attention.
- Coordinate all preventive maintenance and upkeep of all in-plant warehouse equipment and Thruway owned delivery vehicles.
- Strong knowledge of all customer specific requirements and parts.
- Ensure Thruway VMI’s and In-plant warehouse are walk-thru ready and 5S organized at all times. Understanding that Thruway’s service is most visible in the condition and quality of our VMI offering.
- Deliver / offload / receive inventory to Customer locations and manage stocked goods (re-ordering thru scanning, and re-stocking) within a secured location for seamless replenishment within the customer facility.
- Evaluate consumption for re-order and work with customers to approve and adjust inventory levels to ensure optimum Thruway efficiency and customer satisfaction
- Quality Control: ensure all orders are correct to customer’s sizes and specifications (measure if required) check fit-form-function. Check quantity and quality of product as delivered to assure defects-free. If defect or issue found, communicate to Thruway Sales before refilling stock
- Periodically meet with Supplier Quality Engineers (SQE), Line Supervisors and Plant Operation Managers to assure program and perceptions of the program are running efficiently
- Interact daily with Thruway personnel to communicate requirements of plant location and obtain necessary product and support
- Prepare for and take physical inventory at consignment locations
- Remove all trash and cardboard from Thruway stock locations
- Maintain 5S (Sort, Straighten, Shine, Standardize, Sustain) principals within program to enhance cleanliness and organization in all areas. Maintain VMI inspection ready to Customer and Thruway Management expectations
Required Communication Skills: This individual must possess a positive attitude and excellent communication skills that will allow for constant interaction with a cross section of customer and Thruway staff and functions from various department
- Excellent reading comprehension skills
- Team player mentality, wiling to help others as needed
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Maintain a valid driver’s license, operate Thruway’s vehicle to deliver product to Customer facilities
- Load and unload shipments
- Safely operate Forklift, Pallet Jack, or other Heavy equipment as required
- Knowledge of manufacturing environments and Electro/Mechanical hardware
- Excellent judgement, quick decision making, attention to detail and organizational skills
- Demonstrated success managing inventory
- Possess integrity and ethical standards
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Regularly required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Standing and movement 75% of time. Sitting driving 25% of time.
- Frequently required to use hands to handle, reach, or feel objects, tools, controls and to climb or balance
- Vision abilities include; close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus
- Regularly lift and move up to 50 pounds
- Must wear a Thruway provided VMI shirt and required PPE (personal protection equipment) at all times while on-site at customer locations
- Majority of time will be spent on-site at the customer location and traveling between Thruway and customer location via delivery truck
Thruway Fasteners offers a comprehensive benefit program for eligible employees including; medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability plans, accident protection, critical illness, legal shield/ID shield plans, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and 401k retirement plan.
Thruway Fasteners, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. The chosen candidate must successfully pass pre-employment background check and drug screen.
First Shift, Monday-Friday