This is a job posting from company – GKN Aerospace
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Kansas, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 38 manufacturing locations in 12 countries, we serve over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world’s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About the opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
With direct supervision our accounting/finance summer/annual interns & co-op will be participating in various activities that can include monthly close, reporting, forecasting, annual budgets (AOP), industry research, and ad hoc requests with other development opportunities. All of the above activities are performed with an ownership mindset in a team environment demonstrating close collaboration within the Finance & Accounting teams and with cross-functional partners.
Our Summer Interns commit to a 12 week internship starting in June and are expected to work 40 hours a week. Summer Interns are invited to participate in the Internship Development Program which consists of three virtual sessions (June, July, & August) with all US interns focusing on professional leadership development.
Our Annual Interns commit to a full year of employment starting any time outside of the summer months and are expected to work 15 – 20 hours a week during the academic year and then 40 hours a week through summer months over a 12 week period. Annual interns are invited to participate in the Internship Development Program which consists of three virtual sessions (June, July & August) with all US interns focusing on professional leadership development.
Our Co-Op opportunities expect the student to commit to a minimum of a semester starting in January, June, or August and are expected to work 40 hours a week. GKN Aerospace will work with you on an individual basis to ensure we meet the structured & specific requirements of your co-op from your university.
- Establishes, modifies, documents and coordinates the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures
- Gain knowledge of Revenue Management objectives, strategies, and goals.
- Learn to discover, interpret, and communicate meaningful patterns.
- Assists with AP and AR accounting execution
- Prepare and deliver month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing activities
- Performs balance sheet reviews and executes compliance requirements
- Facilitates Reporting Unit(s) physical inventory count and corresponding reconciliation
- Maintain the integrity of business accounts and ledgers
- Assists with general ledger maintenance
- Assists with journal vouchers into local ERP system
- Assists with both internal and external audits
- All other duties as assigned by Manager.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s program in Accounting, Economics, Finance or related technical field.
- Must have completed your sophomore year or later in your current program.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Keen interest in the Aerospace Manufacturing industry.
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications.
- Team player with excellent planning and organization skills.
- Effective communication and writing skills. Attention to detail is critical.
- Enthusiasm for continuous personal development and leadership opportunities.
- Local candidates only (relocation, work sponsorship and/or housing not available).
- Must be a US Citizen due to program security clearance requirements and/or SSA requirements.
Diversity Inclusion and Belonging (DIB)
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.