This is a job posting from company – Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Maryland, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
If you are passionate about transforming communities with a mission-driven organization, then we have the opportunity for you!
Since 1939, Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS) has offered welcome and hope to refugees. LIRS has transformed lives with the support and hard work of people like you, to welcome the most vulnerable to the United States from sea to shining sea.
We help people seeking safety from persecution in their home countries and reunite families torn apart by conflict. We resettle refugees. We protect vulnerable children who arrive alone in the United States. We advocate for compassion and justice for all migrants.
Widely recognized for our expertise in implementing federal programs on behalf of refugees and migrants in the United States, conducts policy advocacy, and advances the protection and rights of vulnerable migrants.
Headquartered in the beautiful Inner Harbor of downtown Baltimore we provide services nationwide through a network of staff and affiliates. Attracting and retaining the best talent is vital to our continued growth and we are proud to offer an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision available the first day of employment, professional development, tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off including 20 days of vacation, 12 days of sick leave, 12 paid holidays PLUS the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day, 12 weeks of paid parental leave and up to 12 weeks of fully paid FMLA leave, company 403(b) contribution of 3%, an additional 4% match, Family Building benefits for reproductive procedures, adoption/foster care assistance, and an annual wellness benefit that can be customized to support your personal needs including funding enrichment classes, gym memberships, and healthy eating plans (to name a few) all in an inclusive and progressive environment!
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service is a champion for all uprooted people. Please join us as we make a difference in the lives of newcomers.
Program Description: Unaccompanied children (UC) have been arriving in the United States in increasing numbers over the past decade seeking protection from persecution, deteriorating social and economic conditions, and generalized violence in their home countries. LIRS’s transitional foster care program, located in Baltimore, BD, addresses the safety, well-being, and community integration needs of UC in need of specialized clinical services while they are in Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) custody. Since 2011, LIRS and its network of community-based partners have placed over 4,000 UC of all ages, genders, nationalities, sexual orientations, and religious affiliations in small group home and foster care placements. For this program, LIRS is partnering with Kennedy Krieger Institute (KKI), which specializes in serving children and teens with documented trauma and neglect-related behaviors and symptoms; developmental disabilities, learning disabilities, communication disorders, autism spectrum disorder physical and mental health needs through its renowned Trauma Integrative Treatment Foster Care (TFC) program. For over 30 years, KKI has fulfilled its mission to heal children, strengthen families and build communities. KKI improves the community by providing children, adults and families with high-quality, trauma-informed behavioral health services and support systems.
Position Summary: Reporting to the Program Supervisor, the Therapeutic Services Intern will provide case management services to Unaccompanied Children (UC) in LIRS’ care and support the team in the day-to-day operations of the facility. This is a paid internship.
- Provide client-centered, trauma-informed case management services to Unaccompanied Children (UC).
- Provide interpretation and translation services to program participants, as well as transportation and accompaniment to appointments as required.
- Develop and facilitate support groups for program participants.
- Shadow clinicians in individual and family therapy sessions.
- Provide individual therapy to a small caseload of participants.
- Clearly document service provision through case notes and other program forms.
- Maintain relevant reports and statistics related to client activities and program services.
- Participate in performance-related goal setting and achievement to meet personal and organizational objectives and goals.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Prior experience working with and a strong commitment to the refugee or immigrant community preferred, but not necessary;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Word and Excel;
- Ability to multitask and work independently;
- Ability to engage stakeholders professionally;
- Strong writing and analytical skills and experience in internet research; and
- Commitment to LIRS’s core mission and values and an ability to model those values in relationship with colleagues and partners; commitment to empowering refugees and migrants.
Special Position Requirements:
- Bilingual in Spanish and English strongly preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be willing and able to clear a criminal background check for the past 7 years.
- Must be willing and able to request and clear Child Abuse and Neglect background check in all states lived within previous 5 years, updated yearly.
- Must be willing and able to obtain FBI fingerprint check.
- Must obtain a negative TB test.
- Must have valid driver’s license and MVA check free of major infractions for the last 7 years.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including a booster shot.
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS) is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service https://lirs.applicantpool.com