This is a job posting from company – Utz
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Texas, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
Utz Quality Foods is currently seeking a Territory Sales Representative to work out of Houston, TX. Under the direction of the Zone Sales Manager, the Territory Sales Representative (TSR) is responsible for achieving maximum sales profitability and market penetration in an assigned area through the development of positive, mutual relationships with a network of independent distributors and Retail Trade. The TSR communicates the company’s sales, service, and merchandising strategies to independent distributors.
The successful, entry-level candidate will possess the skills and characteristics to be successful in sales operations such as effective communication skills, both verbal and written, and a demonstrated ability to build proactive and professional relationships. This candidate should be energetic and eager to learn Independent Distribution models. While not required, this candidate may possess up to 1-3 years’ experience in sales operations, preferably in the snack, grocery, or beverage industry. This position requires the ability to prioritize responsibilities while remaining flexible to meet the day’s objectives in a fast-paced environment.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining proactive and professional relations with the Retail Trade and Independent Distributors; while acting as key liaison between Zone Sales Manager and Independent Distributor.
- Work to reinforce with retail store managers and store decision makers that Utz supports independent distributors and values their relations with the Company.
- Maintain regular retail chain contacts with frequent visits to support service levels – understanding that the independent distributors, not the company, sell product to the stores on their route.
- Offer information on industry performance and service measurements including new product sales, display execution opportunities, retail store feedback; all to be communicated through business persuasion and in a manner without exercising any direction or control over the independent distributor.
- Communicate company’s focus to all Independent Distributors willing to accept such information – facilitate improvements in results of independent distributors by providing information so they can be fully informed of the Company’s targets for sales, stale, service, merchandising standards, and product/mix distribution.
- From time-to-time, may be required to occasionally run an open route.
- Support the Zone Sales Manager at regularly scheduled workshop meetings intended to offer independent distributors the opportunity to voluntarily enhance their operational expertise. Encourage Independent Distributors to utilize all tools and mediums available to realize the full sales potential of their business.
- Provide full-day route ride-a-longs, only at the request of the Independent Distributor, offering route optimization and skill sharing opportunities.
Celebrating 100 years of Utz!
Here at Utz, our goal is to manufacture and sell the best possible products with a commitment to customer satisfaction that is second to none. Our iconic family of brands includes Utz, Golden Flake, Zapps, Bachman, Good Health, TGI Friday’s, and Jax. We pride ourselves on our pleasant working environment, challenging opportunities, career growth and competitive wages. We also offer an attractive benefit package that includes medical, prescription, dental and vision plans, an employer match 401k, profit sharing plan and more. Come grow with the Utz Family of Brands!
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
11941 Cutten Road
Suite 200, Houston, Texas 77066
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities while remaining flexible to meet the day’s objectives.
- Knowledge and understanding of Independent Distribution / Independent Operator (I/O) models preferred.
- Capability to build trust and rapport through persuasion and respect.
- Requires ethical selling and negotiation skills that can be shared with independent operators at their request.
- Proactive communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, in a fast-paced environment
- Must have attention to detail, organization, and ability to prioritize.
- Functional knowledge and proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint programs.
- Ability to lift, push, transport, and pull product weighing up to and over 40lbs.
- Must be at least 19 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to legally and safely operate a motor vehicle.