This is a job posting from company – ASML
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Connecticut, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
to the job
Join ASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and December 23, 2022.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers-the world’s leading chipmakers-to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). As a condition of employment, qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- As a Technical Author, you’ll assess the audience and the nature of the documentation, and will need to attend planning/briefing meetings, collaborate with Developers and Managers to clarify technical issues, interview subject matter experts and sales and marketing specialists, work with Translators, Manufacturing Engineers, Field Service Engineers, and Design Architects.
- You will need to use the product or service to understand the technology and applications for which documentation is being prepared in order to gather and analyze the information needs of the user.
- To present the information you’ll organize information according to your user’s needs and then write and edit text, prepare illustrations, and use a variety of software applications to present the highly technical information.
- It is equally important to have an ability to grasp and structure large amounts of information and anticipate the user’s knowledge gaps. You should have excellent planning and organizational skills.
- You have to keep yourself up-to-date with developments and trends internal to the ASML industry and also keep up with a constantly evolving Standard. You will attend training courses to stay up to date with the new technology and programs available to ASML.
Education and experience
A Bachelor’s degree is required and the following subjects are relevant:
- No education required for candidates with 5 years’ relevant work experience or more.
- It is useful to have practical experience that relates to the job, such as experience of writing guides or user manuals either for companies as part of work experience or those created for use in a portfolio. It could also include other writing assignments that show your ability to communicate with the reader.
- Fluency in written English with experience in S.T.E. (Simplified Technical English).
- Any experience that shows skills in related areas such as science and technology is also useful.
- Experience with Content Management System (ex. SDL Tridion).
- Experience with illustration editor software (ex. Siemens Teamcenter Visualization, photoshop).
- Working knowledge of computers and other communication tools.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our .