This is a job posting from company – Delaware Department of Education
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Delaware, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
- Must hold or be eligible for State of Delaware Certification in Special Education, Autism, and a content area (e.g. elementary, math, science…)
- Demonstrated experience implementing systematic instructional strategies for use with students with autism and/or significant cognitive delays
- Demonstrated experience with applied behavior analysis (preferred)
- Must be able to stand and work continuously for a minimum of 4 hours per workday.
- Minimum lifting requirements- 50 pounds (with assistance).
- Must be able to use arms and hands without restrictions to accommodate the physical, mobility, and ambulatory needs of students.
Salary: Teacher salary schedule based on experience and degree. Salary Schedule can be found on the districts website: https://www.christinak12.org/cms/lib/DE50000539/Centricity/Domain/130/FY2023%20Teachers%20Non-Grandfathered%20-%20%20Traditional.pdf
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Internal- Qualified applicants must complete an online teaching application and attach license/certification. External- Qualified applicants must complete an online teaching application and attach a letter of interest, resume, recent evaluations and/or student teaching evaluations, transcripts, license/certification. Previous submissions will not automatically flow to this posting. In order to be considered for this position, you must apply specifically for the Job ID listed for this position.
Position Description and Responsibilities: Overall responsibility for instructional programming for students utilizing state standards and District curriculum and implementation of individualized education programs as well as regular teacher responsibilities and duties including but not limited to:
- Use the educational philosophy and policies adopted by the Board of Education as related to children with moderate to severe intellectual disabilities and/or multiple disabilities in the areas of cognitive development, language development, academic development, social development, and physical development
- Create, develop and implement lesson plans aligned with State Standards with an emphasis on a functional academic curriculum and community based instruction with adaptations to the general curriculum as necessary
- Use available resources, plans and implement a program of study that meets students’ academic and daily living needs, interests, and abilities
- Administer ongoing assessments to determine student progress towards goals and standards, including the Alternate Delaware Comprehensive Assessment System (DCAS Alt 1)
- Collect, interpret, and use data from a variety of educational sources to drive instruction
- Differentiate instruction including implementation of a plan of positive behavior support to support an orderly, productive classroom environment
- Assist with independence and self-help skills which may include, but is not limited to toileting, feeding, and dressing
- Communicate with families and administration concerning students’ academic and behavioral progress
- Utilize assistive technology with students as appropriate
- Develop, implement, and adhere to IEPs
- Work collaboratively with other team members
- Must be able to stand and work continuously for a minimum of 4 hours per day
- Minimum lifting requirements – 50 pounds (with assistance)
- Must be able to use arms and hands without restrictions
- Must successfully pass Safety and Restraint Training
- Must perform all duties as assigned during scheduled work days
- Attendance at school and instructional meetings as required
- Perform other duties as requested by administration to meet the needs of the students
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position
CHRISTINA SCHOOL DISTRICT
Human Resources Office
1899 S. College Avenue
Newark, DE 19702
Employment is conditional upon receipt of an acceptable criminal background report, a negative pre-employment drug screening and a child abuse registry check showing you are not on the registry at any level
The Christina School District is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, or any other categories protected by federal, state, or local law. Inquiries regarding compliance with the above may be directed to the Title IX/Section 504 Coordinator, Christina School District, 1899 S. College Avenue, Newark, DE 19702; Telephone: (302) 552-2600.
Powered by Aspex Solutions – AppliTrack, Applicant Tracking for Educators. Online Job Employment Applications, Web Based Employment Applications for School Districts and Educational Institutions – You can also view at www.k12jobspot.com. K12JobSpot is a site that has thousands of teaching jobs – all from AppliTrack school districts.