This is a job posting from company – Arizona State University
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Arizona, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
As with everyone on the ET team, our intentional focus on diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging as well as culture and communications are core responsibilities in this role. With an increased emphasis on authenticity, compassion, and inclusivity, this position strives to embody and advance our .
ET Desktop Services is seeking a Systems Support Analyst. As part of the ET, the primary duty of this position is to provide endpoint support to faculty and staff by utilizing hardware, software and troubleshooting expertise.
Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, standing and walking; frequent physical demands may include stooping, bending, crawling under/around objects, reaching, lifting and pushing objects of varying weights up to 50 pounds; regularly required to work in cramped and enclosed areas and exposure to variations in temperature when deploying equipment. Regular review of completed tasks. Occupy office locations in remote locations when need arises. Office locations can be at Downtown, Mayo, Tempe, Polytechnic, West and Tucson.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or closely related AND four (4) years providing desktop diagnostic and trouble-shooting support; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
ASU Enterprise Technology
Scope of Search
- Ability to model empathy, compassion and emotional intelligence
- Experience working in a values-led organization, emphasizing diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging
- Ability to help foster a safe psychological space for all teammates where everyone can thrive
- Ability to stimulate changes in individual, institutional, and corporate behaviors to create a more sustainable environment
- Ability to lead by example in communicating, participating and encouraging support of the institution’s sustainability programs
- Strong knowledge of cross-platform technical troubleshooting
- Experience with Active Directory, SCCM and JAMF
- Working knowledge of Audio/Visual technologies
- Experience with fostering and maintaining customer partnerships
- Experience with remote support tools
- Experience with mass computer deployment in an enterprise environment
- Extensive knowledge of Dell and Apple devices
- Experience using an inventory management system to track equipment
- Working knowledge of network file shares and network printers
- Strong knowledge to resolve hardware and software problems
- Identifies problem sources and methods of solution
- Network Print Server Configuration Setup and Troubleshooting
- Configuring and using Outlook client in an Exchange environment
- Troubleshooting network
- PC Image Deployment and Testing
- Basic Project Management (Organize and schedule tasks, prioritize)
- Creating and writing kb articles, policies and standards
- Presenting in Groups and Training Staff; VPN Secure Connection configuration
- Working knowledge of server-client model in enterprise environment
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical users
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
- Receives, responds to and monitors status of work-order requests for technical assistance
- Updates ticket system to reflect activities performed and status of request to ensure timely completion of work order in accordance with established policy
- Configures both local and multi-platform personal computer systems and PDA’s
- Installing software and establishing connection to network(s) in accordance with specified standards
- Manages Active Directory domain users, computers and security groups
- Installs and/or replaces hardware and associated devices including, but not limited to: network cards, hard-drives and removable disk drives
- Orders warranty parts and refers warranty hardware problems to vendor
- Troubleshoots hardware and software problems by performing a variety of diagnostic procedures to identify appropriate corrective measures
- Actively participates in deployment and relocation of computers and associated peripheral equipment
- Tests upgrades and/or patches to software prior to rollout; prepares report of findings; Provides application assistance to end user as requested; replicates errors, re-sets computers and printers
- Connects individual and networked devices to computers; performs initial connectivity test to ensure proper connectivity
- Performs a variety of acceptance testing procedures of newly acquired hardware to ensure proper operations
- Maintains inventory of all loaned laptops, desktop and peripheral equipment and accessories
- Initiates requests for replacements to ensure availability in accordance with established policy and standards
- Traces and trouble-shoots network connectivity problems; notifies appropriate responsible unit(s) based on findings
- Provides consultation on both hardware and software purchases.
- Creates, updates, and maintains technical documentation for use within the group as well as outside entities
- When necessary, provides data recovery on failed storage media
- Collaborates with other groups to troubleshoot and resolve wide-scale problems
- Trains and directs student employees
- Take responsibility for fostering culture, advancing our values, and championing engagement in all its forms — collaborating across our teams as well as participating in ET/ASU events and programs.
- Demonstrates commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment. Advances our
$53,650 per year
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.