This is a job posting from company – Orange & Rockland
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: New York, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Supervisor in Customer Assistance will supervise and direct Customer Service Representatives, ensuring that customers are provided with the highest quality, courteous and efficient service, as well as ensuring the achievement of all applicable PSC, Corporate and Section goals and standards.
- Assist with the implementation of a new Customer Service System (CSS) and hiring of Provisional employees to assist with transition, deployment and stabilization of the new CSS system.
- The supervisor will work towards accomplishing Customer Assistance Center goals that include: reducing overall costs, growing the business, satisfying customer needs and promoting a competitive market.
- Evaluate representatives work performance, documenting reviews and feedback, as well as recommending remedial or disciplinary action when necessary.
- Embrace a +1 experience with our internal and external customers by motivating employees to improve performance and confidence with their individual leadership and coaching skills.
- Utilize available technology and apply creative solutions to improve the quality, efficiency and productivity of Customer Assistance operations.
- Ensure uniform and consistent administration and compliance of all company practices and procedures including the Office of Diversity and Inclusion (ODI), the Company’s Code Of Conduct, environmental and safety, as well as governmental regulations.
- Performs other task and assignment as required.
- This position is a temporary position, and will continue only so long as the Company determines it is needed. During this period, the employee will not be eligible to post for other positions that may be available within the Company.
- High School Diploma/GED And five (5) years of related work experience Or
- Associate’s Degree And four (4) years of work experience Or
- Bachelor’s Degree And two (2) year of work experience is required
- Associate’s Degree Or
- Bachelor’s Degree And experience with MS Word, Excel and Outlook are preferred
Required Work Experience
- Customer Operations experience. Required
- Candidates may be required to submit a writing sample.
Skills & Ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills And
- Demonstrated problem solving skills And
- Effective leadership skills And
- Effectively coaches and delivers constructive feedback And
- Excellent organizational skills And
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver’s License Required
- Must push, pull, lift up to 25 pounds
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must have excellent manual dexterity and be able to use hands for entire shift
- Must stoop, bend, reach and kneel throughout the workday
- Must be able to read small print and symbols.
- Must work rotating shifts, including nights, midnights, weekends, and holidays
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
For technical issues, please contact us at
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.