This is a job posting from company – Meijer
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Michigan, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
As a family company, we serve people and communities. When you work at Meijer, you’re provided with career and community opportunities centered around leadership, personal growth and development. Consider joining our family – take care of your career and your community!
Paid parental leave
Paid education assistance
Care.com/back-up care assistance
Team member discount
Development programs for advancement and career growth
Please review the job profile below and apply today!
A career at Meijer is so much more than just a paycheck. Meijer was built on one family’s dream with the goal of helping people and now more than 85 years later that’s exactly what we’ve done and will always do. Today, Meijer is the 19th largest privately held company – with more than 70,000 team members across six Midwest states. As the pioneer of the “one-stop shopping” concept, Meijer values innovation and fresh ideas from each and every Team Member. Meijer also offers countless opportunities for professional career growth, personal enrichment and truly invests in your success. Whether you join one of our retail stores, distribution centers, or corporate offices, as a Meijer Team Member you become more than just an employee…you become a member of the family.
Meijer is seeking a candidate for our community partnerships and giving internship opportunity! Join our program to get experience in your field while also learning more about the retail industry and the breadth of career opportunities that support the shopper experience. Your 12 week internship will include interaction with other interns, experts in your area of study, and Meijer senior leadership. Our internship provides opportunities to work with our Marketing, Merchandising, Brand Development, Legal, Communications. Operations and Meijer LPGA Classic teams. Interns in this area will experience projects from strategy to execution and results.
Representative projects completed by previous Community Partnerships and Giving interns include:
- Event execution and project management related to the Meijer LPGA classic for Simply Give event in Grand Rapids, MI
- Promotion and execution of in-store events, including special appearances and vendor tours
- Meijer vendor-supported community opportunities
- Seasonal promotions
- Exposure to corporate philanthropic processes, programs, and related projects
- Partnership/Sponsorship negotiations, contracts, asset fulfillment, and event execution
- Progressing toward a bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Event Marketing, Communications, or a related field
- Ability to work in Grand Rapids, Michigan (Housing and transportation are the responsibility of the student)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Teams
- Comfort with Ambiguity – can shift gears easily and cope with change
- Time Management – Uses time effectively and efficiently. Ability to work and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Problem Solving – Investigates all available resources for answers, looking beyond the obvious to assemble and interpret data
- Action Oriented – Has a sense of urgency and the ability to get things done
- Customer Focus – Dedicated to meeting expectations of internal and external customers
- Relationship Skills – Creates positive working relationships with customers, team members, senior leadership, and other internal and external constituencies
- Communication Skills – Conveys the right information both written and verbally
- Strategic Mindset- Thinks outside of the box, bringing new perspectives and ideation to the team.