This is a job posting from company – MassMutual
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Massachusetts, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
Do you want to be part of a team that encourages your growth, supports your ambitions and makes it a priority for you to reach your goals? Is helping people part of who you are? At MassMutual, we help millions of people find financial freedom, offer financial protection and plan for the future. We do this by building trust with our customers by being knowledgeable problem solvers and prioritize their needs above all else. We Live Mutual.
Storage and Backup Engineer
Full-time, Home office Springfield, MA (remote option)
The Storage Engineer will be responsible for the EMC and NetApp storage needed for implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical systems to ensure the availability and consistent performance of our corporate applications.
The team is made up of over 130 people across multiple countries. The team supports all the hardware in two data centers. We are responsible for Windows and Unix Operating systems, multiple different data bases, storage, back up and mainframe jobs. We work on the Scrum Agile methodology.
This is a “hands-on” position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills. The successful candidate will provide critical storage administration, storage management, storage optimization, troubleshooting and patching. A successful candidate must also be self-motivated and able to handle daily tasks on their own with little supervision.
The Minimum Qualifications
- 5 years of experience with all aspects of software and hardware acquisition, configuration, provisioning and production support for EMC Centera, NetApp NAS Cohesity PowerMax and NetBackup storage systems
The Ideal Qualifications
- 7 years of experience supporting Storage Area Networks (SAN’s), EMC PowerMax enterprise storage systems, and NetApp NAS and SAN storage systems preferred
- Experience with Storage Resource Management (SRM) tools
- Experience supporting multi-data center / multi-petabyte primary and recovery storage environments; and with managing data protection technologies such as replication and continuous data protection (CDP)
- Experience with all-flash arrays, storage virtualization (hardware and software based), deduplication and encryption technologies
- Adept at the business of data storage: effective packaging and tiering of storage services for application and end-user understanding and consumption
- Brocade SAN switch management experience, zoning, alias names and zone sets.
- NetApp Active IQ experience with reporting and performance troubleshooting.
- SRDF experience on PowerMax arrays for snapshot, snapclone and replication.
What to Expect as Part of MassMutual and the Team
- Regular meetings with the Database team and the full team.
- Focused one-on-one meetings with your manager
- Access to mentorship opportunities
- Networking opportunities including access to Asian, Hispanic/Latinx, African American, women, LGBTQ, veteran and disability-focused Business Resource Groups
- Access to learning content on Degreed and other informational platforms
- Your ethics and integrity will be valued by a company with a strong and stable ethical business with industry leading pay and benefits
Salary Range: $110,400.00-$144,900.00
At MassMutual, we focus on ensuring fair equitable pay, by providing competitive salaries, along with incentive and bonus opportunities for all employees. Your total compensation package includes either a bonus target or in a sales-focused role a Variable Incentive Compensation component.
Why Join Us.
We’ve been around since 1851. During our history, we’ve learned a few things about making sure our customers are our top priority. In order to meet and exceed their expectations, we must have the best people providing the best thinking, products and services. To accomplish this, we celebrate an inclusive, vibrant and diverse culture that encourages growth, openness and opportunities for everyone. A career with MassMutual means you will be part of a strong, stable and ethical business with industry leading pay and benefits. And your voice will always be heard.
We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company owned by our policyowners, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It’s more than our company structure – it’s our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources, and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.