This is a job posting from company – Hawaiian Telcom
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Hawaii, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
Extends telephone service to residential and business customers. Installs station equipment and associated lines. Locates trouble, repairs or replaces lines. Instructs customers in use of equipment. Performs other related, marginal duties as required.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Installs service to customers’ homes or business firms. Discusses telephone service needs with customers and makes recommendations as appropriate. Instructs customer on the use of telephones and other equipment.
- Operates company vehicle to travel to daily work sites.
- Installs, rearranges, reconnects, disconnects and removes station, coin station, and associated equipment.
- Sets up, reads and interprets test equipment, measuring devices, and meters. Analyzes and clears trouble in telephone equipment and lines.
- Performs preventive maintenance work associated with station and coin apparatus.
- Installs lines for data and other forms of communications, e.g. 2 wire/4 wire, TTY, data circuits, alarm circuits.
- Inventories and reorders supplies, materials or equipment as needed. Replaces missing or damaged telephone directories.
- Records work assignment data on records and orders.
- May initiate sales transactions through in-person or telephone solicitations. Makes recommendations to customers on additional telephone service as needed.
- May be responsible for making coin collections at pay stations and for transporting/unloading full coin receptacles.
- Tests – Results obtained in standard tests for this position must meet minimum requirements established by the testing program.
- Physical Demands:
- Ability to identify and distinguish tones/levels
- Ability to identify and distinguish colors
- Ability to work in confined areas.
- Ability to lift and carry tool boxes, drop wire, parts containers and installation loads.
- Ability to climb poles/ladders.
- Ability to lift, carry, set-up, climb and take down ladders.
- Mental Demands: Requires alertness and attention to detail.
- Valid driver’s license. Must be able to operate manual transmission.
- Ability to obtain security clearance.
- Indoor-outdoor work. Exposed to adverse weather conditions, confined work areas, dust, noise, dirt, irate customers, etc.
- Weekday, weekend and holiday work tours including day, evening and night hours.
- Scheduled work tours may be weekday, weekend and holiday, including day, evening and night hours.
- Subject to occasional scheduled and/or unscheduled overtime work and callouts.
Aloha! Welcome to Hawaiian Telcom’s listing of current job openings. Hawaiian Telcom, the premier telecommunications company headquartered in Honolulu, offers Hawaii’s consumers and businesses a spectrum of telecommunication solutions, taking full advantage of proven and emerging technologies. We are focused on building and maintaining a diverse team of employees who are committed to delivering an outstanding customer experience.
We call the communities we serve home and giving back to these communities is an important part of our culture.
Hawaiian Telcom offers an amazing Mālama Hours Program, Employee Resource Groups, and organized corporate community service events that further strengthen our community relationships.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran, military status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Due to U.S. Government requirements applicable to foreign-owned telecommunications providers, non-US citizens will be required to submit to an extensive government agency background check which will necessitate disclosure of sensitive Personally Identifiable Information.