This is a job posting from company – OnDek Solutions
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Idaho, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
We are seeking a Sr. Systems Engineer to provide design, deployment, testing, certification, patching, addressing interoperability issues of all VMware components to include the hypervisor, vSphere, NSX, vRealize Suite, and Site Recovery Manager.
Day to day:
· Design, implement and provide ongoing support of the on premise hybrid and cloud Infrastructure.
· Serve as the subject matter expert (SME) for all VMware environments.
· Create and maintain an on premise cloud, software defined data center infrastructure for both bare-metal and virtual machines with the appropriate SAN, network, or local storage configurations, using both OEM and third party tools that include virtual storage tools and services.
· Manual and automation provision/configure of all required resources for servers.
· Evaluate, improve, and maintain the information security throughout the virtualized infrastructure.
· Monitor and correct critical storage issues and create recovery processes and hardware for failures and performance bottlenecks.
· Install, configure, test and maintain system management tools, infrastructure and server plugins
· Ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
· Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
· Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
· Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks, such as automated provisioning storage with Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
· Participate in the design of information and operational support systems.
· Provide 4th level support.
· Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
· Ensure technical documentation exists for all systems and is kept up to date to include inventory and patch levels of all systems to include hostnames, property numbers, IP addresses, enclave, number of cores, number of processors, admin passwords, certificates, and service accounts on a monthly interval.
· Integrate systems with Windows and Linux as it applies to core service dependencies. Engineer and implement solutions for multi factor authentication with organization’s standardized software and hardware.
· Document system configurations to include passwords, access controls, version number, and revision numbers, patch levels, and inventory to include hostnames, TCP/IP addresses, number of processors, and number of cores, memory, and license keys.
· Continually transition knowledge to the government staff through training and assistance on how to use the technology using industry best practices.
· Provide real-time reporting of provisioned and non-provisioned and utilized resources to include performance metrics for availability, performance and trends.
· Minimum of active Top Secret security clearance
· VMware Data Center Virtualization and Cloud Management and Automation certification within the last 5 years
· 8 years of total experience required
· Bachelor’s degree preferred