This is a job posting from company – Intuitive Surgical
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: California, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
At Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare’s hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let’s advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
As Equipment Engineer you will use your background and experience with manufacturing equipment, to develop and deploy automated assembly lines. The successful candidate will work closely with Automation, Controls and Process Engineering, Maintenance, vendors and other teams to define, improve and monitor equipment reliability, throughput and process capability. They define, deploy, monitor and improve the Preventive Maintenance specifications, SPC on tool parameters, bill of material and spare parts requirement. They review, analyze and investigate equipment related scraps and provide root cause analysis and effective corrective actions. The position acts as a technical advisor on all equipment issues and provides technical feedback to the Automation and Manufacturing Engineering team. They are hands-on technical individuals with strong electromechanical troubleshooting skills.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Support manufacturing and development of automated assembly equipment.
- Lead or be an active team member to drive continuous improvement programs relating to equipment performance and reliability, maximize Mean Productive Time Between Failure (MTBF), and Operational Uptime (AOU), and minimize Mean Time To Repair (MTTR).
- Manage day-to-day equipment issues in a production environment related to breakdowns, improvements, and upgrades.
- Develop maintenance and calibration documentation and procedures.
- Provide technical feedback, influence design and implementation of upgrades to improve reliability and increase production output.
- Support equipment related projects which includes but not limited to:
- Purchase and definition of new equipment, set-up, qualification, and release of equipment into production.
- Maintenance and upgrading of existing machines to set up of new equipment/lines.
- Production line duplications and bring up.
- Minimum BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Mechatronics or related area.
- A minimum of three years of equipment management experience with a working knowledge of equipment qualification, calibration and PM procedures and practices.
- Previous experience in medical device, aerospace or other regulated manufacturing environment.
- Excellent mechanical and electrical aptitude.
- Knowledge in equipment control systems, PLC
- Knowledge 6 sigma methodology.
- Drafting and mechanical design experience is a plus (Solidworks)
- Ability to read electrical & plumbing schematics.
- Project planning and execution.
- Data Analysis with MiniTAB or JMP.
- Problem Solving. Logical thinking and root cause analysis capability.
- Able to travel periodically (5-10%).
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus.
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.