This is a job posting from company – Maxar Technologies
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Maryland, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
Please review the job details below.
Maxar has an immediate need for a Software Integration Engineer to join our team supporting a document and media exploitation (DOMEX) mission. You will support a program that is a next generation machine learning pipeline platform providing cutting edge data enrichment, triage, and analytics capabilities to Defense and Intelligence Community members. You will be part of a team of developers, data scientists, and intelligence analysts working in an AGILE environment to design and implement highly automated means of discovering, ingesting, comparing, conflating, and assigning confidence levels to vast amounts of non-traditional data extracted from text, images, video, and audio sources. This position provides opportunity to work with very large data sets and multiple data types.
Life with Us
Your Career: We are quickly growing our team and this opportunity will provide ample opportunity for career growth and skillset development. You will have the opportunity to work closely with leadership to help set your own goals and ensure you are on a path to achieving them.
- Dedicated professional development time.
- Peer groups.
- Education reimbursement.
- Student loan forgiveness.
- and much more…
Project: The project goal is to extract, categorize, and organize data from disparate sources and make it discoverable and searchable by analysts and ready for machine learning and predictive analytic algorithms. Your work will be conducted primarily at our client location in Bethesda, MD with limited opportunity for telework (approximately 10%).
Day-to-Day with your Colleagues:
- Work with a team of system integration engineers to successfully deploy release candidates to production environment.
- Participate in test, staging and production deployment.
- Assist in the maintenance of services and procedures for a big data pipeline which includes Kafka, Elasticsearch, and several in house written python/java micro services running on Kubernetes.
- Integrate Docker containers using Kubernetes, Rancher, Helm and other DevOpsSec integration tools.
- Monitor automated system integration tests to identify failed modules and components.
- Manage individual project priorities, deliverables, and deadlines.
- Foster an environment of collaboration with the different team members in the goal of providing quality service and product to our customer.
- Current/active TS/SCI security clearance and be willing and able to obtain CI polygraph.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technically relevant field such as computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, statistics, etc.
- 4 years of relevant, professional experience as a software engineer, or a master’s degree with 2 years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience with containerization, especially with Docker.
- Experience with DevOps practices and tools including Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) tools and practices, especially Gitlab or Jenkins.
- Experience with Agile practices.
- Development and/or scripting experience, especially Python and Bash.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Enthusiastic with the ability to work well on a team and a self-starter who can work on their own.
- Experience working in the DoD / Intelligence Community.
- Experience with systems at scale.
- Kafka or other message passing systems.
- Experience on a production/ enterprise system.
- Experience with any of the following technologies:
- Kubernetes monitoring, e.g., Prometheus/ Graphana;
- GPU-based Kubernetes;
- SALT for deployment automation;
- Elasticsearch, Kibana, and Logstash, specifically admin experience;
- Helm and Helmfile;
- Cloudera usage, including Kafka topic creation/management, Zookeeper, Solr, and Flume;
Maxar employees must follow all applicable Maxar policies and COVID-19 requirements as well as those of Maxar customers and third parties. Individual job requirements may vary, and Maxar reserves the right to modify its policies and requirements as it deems appropriate in accordance with applicable law.
Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.