This is a job posting from company – ENFOS
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: North Carolina, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
We’re a growing software company that operates in the rapidly expanding environmental industry. Our customers are some of the most massive corporations in the world ( ) but our small team size allows your opinion to make a big impact – and we welcome big voices. ENFOS is full of passionate people who leverage technology to do great work for the Earth. We’re different and we stand out as unique in our field. We solve complex problems with the simple goal of helping our customers clean up the world.
Our office culture aims to be relaxed so that we can give all our devs a low-stress environment to work their best. We care about work/life balance, and we firmly believe that happy devs are good devs. We look for self-motivated, self-starter personalities who can independently craft successes out of the freedom provided although we do plan to give quite a bit of mentorship for this internship position of course. If you’re a fan of any of the following: open-source projects, Dungeons & Dragons, Reddit, puppies, nature hikes, fantasy novels, football, foreign languages, or video games – you’re already guaranteed to have some friends with common interests at ENFOS.We have customers using our platform on every continent; we are self-owned; and we operate successfully entirely on our own revenue. Come be a part of the team.
What responsibilities you can expect:
You’ll be training to work in small teams on various issues across an enterprise SaaS product tech stack. We will expect you to have a personal interest in writing clean, modular, well-documented code. You’ll be working to improve our solutions in Java EE as well as structuring and building out UI screens. You’ll be delving into our databases and SQL functions. You’ll be contributing to technical designs and working to develop new features for our customers. Maybe you’ll start surprising us with improvements we didn’t even think about yet.
- Hands-on experience with application design and software development (coursework, internship projects, work, side projects, etc. are all relevant here)
- A (demonstrable) history of passion for challenges
- Willingness to train and learn new things
- Ability to communicate clearly via documentation, Slack, email, video calls, speaking
- An independent, self-starter personality
- Generous Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick Days, Public Holidays)
- 3 days in office, 2 days work-from-home each week (office is available every day if you need the space)
- A work environment where leadership actively seeks to minimize micro-management and red tape
- Company will buy you a great work laptop, monitors, chair, mouse/keyboard, headphones, etc.
- Hands-on mentorship from experts with tons of years of experience
- Company pays for a full team lunch each Friday (it’s a time-honored tradition for us to spend about 20 mins each week deciding which new restaurant we wanna try, haha)
- We write reference letters that have been called “beautiful poetry”
- A very legitimate chance to be offered a full-time Software Engineer position after the internship if everything works out
Secret tip: SPECIFICALLY show how you meet the elements above. You could even make a list on your cover letter and address them one by one. Seriously. We don’t offer internships often, so stand out to us!