This is a job posting from company – Graham Packaging
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Ohio, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
Graham Packaging is a leading manufacturer of sustainable packaging. From the kitchen to the laundry room, Graham Packaging is part of your everyday life. They’re the kind of people you want as your friends and neighbors as well as your partners and suppliers. By building strong relationships and creating value for our customers, our employees embody the innovative spirit that’s inherent to Graham. We truly are people building a better tomorrow.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with multiple business units and programs to achieve success by increasing productivity, reducing costs, and improving processes. Focuses on identifying and removing process inefficiencies across multiple programs/departments using key Continuous Improvement tools and a defined methodology for solving problems down to root cause.
- Serves as a resource on process improvement methodology. Provides technical and strategic leadership to meet organizational goals and objectives.
- Plans, conducts, facilitates and leads performance improvement projects.
The primary duties of a Six Sigma Process Engineer include:
- Understands, follows and enforces all established safety, health, quality GMP and Company policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Ability to apply statistical methods to improve process capability and reduction of process variation.
Demonstrated ability to create technical reports and impactful presentations.
- Understands, follows and enforces all established policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Performs major process troubleshooting when beyond the level of the operating staff.
- Exercises direct control for the quality of the containers being produced and for the operating effectiveness of all lines.
- Coordinates with the Maintenance Manager and Plant Engineer to develop a preventative maintenance plan that effectively uses both maintenance and molding resources to maintain the equipment as required for the production lines.
- Develops and evaluates process tooling and new mold start-ups, coordinating this activity with the Corporate Engineering Department.
- Coordinate and plan proper resources for line changeovers.
- Develops new methods and equipment improvements to existing line conditions.
- Attends meetings as necessary for operations planning, safety, QA, etc.
- Participate and/or facilitate “Continuous Quality Improvement” teams for plant improvement.
- May be responsible for special projects related to other functional areas.
Core Proficiencies and Skills:
The Six Sigma Process Engineer will interact with other managers, employees, vendors, and customers. The following skills and proficiencies are essential requirements of the position:
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including the ability to effectively communicate with other manages, employees, vendors, and external customers.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability it work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Communicates effectively: conveys facts and information clearly both verbally and orally.
- Collaborates well with others: proactively contributes to group objectives; volunteers to help others.
- Advanced computer skills using Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access.
Knowledge of JMP, Minitab, or similar statistical software.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science or other related field.
- Completion of Six Sigma Black Belt Program preferred.
- Lean Six Sigma or Six Sigma Black Belt Certification preferred.
- Management Institute preferred.
- Five (5) years work experience in continuous process improvement using Six Sigma methodologies (i.e. DMAIC, DFSS, and Kaizen).
- Two (2) years project management experience preferred.
Graham Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.