This is a job posting from company – The Constant Company
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Florida, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
The Constant Company, LLC, the creator of Vultr, is a rapidly growing cloud infrastructure provider for more than 29 global data center locations and counting. Constant’s flagship product, Vultr® is a favorite among developers, serving over 1.5 million customers with flexible, scalable bare metal, cloud compute, and cloud storage solutions.
Our Platform Engineering team at Constant is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer who will report into the Senior Director of Platform Engineering, working to solve complex problems across our stack. The ideal candidate is a tenacious problem solver with significant breadth and depth of technical knowledge. Our team’s mission is to provide a robust, stable platform that enables virtual and bare metal server provisioning in 25 data centers (and growing!) across the world. We believe that good site reliability engineering solves problems and identifies future work that help downstream teams build better quality into the systems they deliver. This is your opportunity to help make one of the most popular developer platforms even more stable for our 1.5 million users.
What you will take on:
- Work with our most senior engineers to learn our infrastructure and solve emerging problems
- Work with our observability experts to introduce proactive KPIs and alerts
- Work with the Senior Director of Platform Engineering to build out an SRE program
- Build out documentation-driven approaches for recurring site reliability issues for future delegation to junior SREs
- Identify scalable approaches to solving technical problems within our stack
Our new team member will need:
- Strong understanding of Linux
- Strong understanding of virtualization
- Strong coding abilities with PHP and Python
- Solid understanding of database management (MySQL preferred)
- Experience with configuration management tooling like Puppet and Ansible
- Experience with traditional ops responsibilities, including managing linux services and optimizing infrastructure for load
- Basic networking knowledge
- Expertise in observability tooling, including Statsd, Prometheus, and Grafana
- The ability to create documentation as they go, while adding new tooling as well as during ongoing incidents
Competitive Compensation and Benefits which include:
- Remote and flexible working environments
- Make an impact at a growing company – here you are not just a number!
- Medical 100% paid for employee coverage
- Dental / Vision 100% paid for employee and dependents
- 401(k) plan that matches 100% up to 3% of your annual compensation
- Looking to grow? Continuing Education Reimbursement of $1,000 each year!
- PTO Bank Plan + Rollover + 8 holidays + 1 Floating Holiday of your choosing!
- $500 first year remote office setup + $100 quarterly each year after
- Monthly internet reimbursement up to $75
- Anniversary Bonus
Salary Range: $115,000 – $145,000
This salary can vary based on location, years of experience, background and skill set.
Vultr is committed to an inclusive workforce where diversity is celebrated and supported. All employment decisions at Vultr are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications.