This is a job posting from company – South State Bank
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: South Carolina, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
The Tier I- role is to ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving end user help requests and escalating incidents when considered appropriate and necessary to maintain SLA expectations. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Field incoming requests to the Support Desk via both telephone and ServiceNow to ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution of end user issues.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information and nature of problem or issue.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from Support Desk customers.
- Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate problem (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician.
- Record, track and document the Support Desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and FAQ resources on the Internet/Intranet to aid in problem resolution.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Reinforce SLAs to manage end-user expectations.
- Assist in software releases and roll-outs and communication to the end users.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems.
- Alert management to emerging trends in incidents.
- Accepts other duties as assigned.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills.
- Strong diagnostic, problem resolution & organizational skills
- Ability & desire to learn new technologies
- Ability to identify and adapt to new and emerging technologies
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Education: College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 1+ years of Client Services/Technical Support experience.
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware, including PCs, printers, scanners, etc.
- Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including XP, Vista, Windows 7.
- Active Directory: 1 year (Preferred)
Required annual compliance training.
RECOMMENDED ADDITIONAL TRAINING
New Employee Orientation
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
Must be able to sit for long periods of time. Must be able to effectively access and interpret information on computer screens, documents, and reports.
This position requires minimal travel.