This is a job posting from company – DES Growth Partners
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
Senior Firmware Engineer-3216
My client is involved in the design and manufacture of self-checkout equipment in retailers and parking areas, slot and vending machines and have installed almost 10 million devices. From cash and coins to cards and mobile, they keep the world of payments moving with smart validation devices and business-management software. Their technology powers more than 4 billion transactions every week.
My client is seeking a talented Senior Firmware Engineer to be part of a fast-paced, innovative, and highly visible team building IoT applications for our enterprise-level connected products and services. This role will implement embedded software solutions on the Linux platform for our connected hardware solutions, provide engineering support and interact with other functional partners (Sales, Product, Technical Support Services, and Quality Assurance & Hosting Services) to deliver innovative and timely solutions in a customer driven market. This role will contribute to all areas of the development process, including input for system architecture, coding, unit testing and solution design as well as provide recommendations for the technology selection process and mentoring of junior team members.
The incumbent will accomplish this through thorough understanding of and experience in object oriented design and SOLID principles. Qualified candidates will have the ability to understand the business user space, take user requirements and recommend/identify creative solutions that meet or exceed these requirements and must be able to meet timelines in a project managed environment.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for the software aspects of the assigned product(s), including Product Development, Product enhancements and Software improvements
- Provide technical expertise and tier 2 support for customer facing issues by working with Applications Engineers and directly with the customer
- Support the integration of software for Connectivity products by working with Applications Engineers and directly with the customer
- Generate software engineering requirements, design documentation, design proving documentation and the execution of the design proving activities
- Provide technical expertise and tier 3 support for production problems including deviation acceptance, component evaluation and purchasing support
- Adhere to the Connectivity software release process for all assigned software tasks (this includes product software and support tools)
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field required, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Minimum of 8+ years software development experience required (minimum of 5 years in a embedded Linux environment)
- Experience of software security concepts such as secure coding, threat analysis or encryption technologies
- Proficiency in C/C++
- Scripting (Bash, Python, Perl, etc.)
- Wireless Communications experience desired
- Experience interfacing with low-level hardware functions
- Familiarity with Git, Gerrit, Jenkins, and Jira code development tools
- Cashless transaction experience including EMV, Linux Kernel experience is a plus
Submit resume to: [email protected]