This is a job posting from company – NorthStar Professional Search
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Missouri, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
Are you an Electrical Engineer looking for meaningful work, exciting cross-functionality, and a positive, flexible culture? Look no further! our client is experiencing rapid growth including the addition of an Electrical Engineer in the Kansas City area to design, develop and supervise the installation of electrical equipment, components, and systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Confer with engineers, customers, and others to discuss existing or potential engineering projects and products.
- Design, implement, and improve electrical facilities and systems for commercial, industrial, and utility purposes.
- Direct and coordinate construction, installation, maintenance, support, documentation, and testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, and customer requirements.
- Perform detailed calculations to compute and establish construction and installation standards and specifications.
- Plan and implement methodologies and procedures to apply principles of electrical theory to engineering projects.
- Prepare specifications for purchase of materials and equipment and/or the solicitations of labor.
- Supervise and train project team members as necessary.
- Oversee project construction efforts to assure projects are completed satisfactorily, on time and within budget.
- Prepare and study technical drawings, specifications of electrical systems, and topographical maps to ensure that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements.
- Compile data and write reports regarding existing and potential engineering studies and projects.
- Conduct field surveys and study maps, graphs, diagrams, and other data to identify and correct power system problems.
- Maintain a high level of integrity and discipline with a strong work ethic.
- Investigate customer complaints, determine nature and extent of problem, and recommend remedial measures.
- Engineering work associated with the addition or removal of communications power equipment (rectifiers, batteries, UPS systems, etc.); running, lacing and terminating power and ground cable; alarm wiring and connections; construction of cable racking infrastructure and mounting bays.
- Follow industry and customer standards relative to ampacity, grounding, cable sizing, etc.; prepare and submit Method of Procedures.
- BS Electrical/Controls Engineering
- 2+ years professional experience
- Professional interest in energy technologies and battery energy storage
- Experience with batteries and DC Power Systems
- Familiarity with codes and standards to include the NEC
- Must have an extensive understanding of communications power procedures and be proficient in use of Microsoft Word, Excel and AutoCAD.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Fast learner across multiple disciplines
- Telecom, Public Safety, Renewables & Environmental experience
- Demonstrated ability to perform walk-throughs and create project estimates, material lists, and design packages
- Experience in the construction and commissioning of electric power projects
- Technology experience- can be storage, solar, wind, gas, etc.
- Ability to read and review engineering drawings (single line diagrams, three-line diagrams, construction drawings), network diagrams, SCADA documentation, etc.
- Experience in creating detailed engineering packages and ability to interface with customer and field representatives to monitor all installation requirements.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday