This is a job posting from company – Enterprise Engineering
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Georgia, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
Senior DB2/NSP/Cobol Developer
(3 days a week Onsite)
A major financial Institution is looking for a seasoned DB2 application developer to support a legacy modernization initiative for its wealth management business.
- Conduct and assist with the analysis of legacy mainframe COBOL DB2 stored procedures called by distributed applications in support of high volume web browser-based user interaction.
- Design solutions and convert existing COBOL stored procedures to native SQL to allow CPU offload to zIIPs with expected attendant runtime cost savings.
- Perform analysis to identify most appropriate COBOL programs for conversion.
- Mentor team members in efficient design and use of native SQL stored procedures and COBOL programs.
- Work closely with team members and other application developers to ensure project success.
- Document conversion process and all exposed converted stored procedure interfaces.
- Perform unit testing of all work output and coordinate with other teams to conduct QA and performance testing.
- 5 -10 years DB2 development experience.
- 10+ years mainframe analysis, programming and development experience (COBOL, CICS, JCL).
- Proficient in IBM DB2 native SQL stored procedures (SQL/PL) or Oracle PL/SQL with good DB2 knowledge.
- Detailed understanding of stored procedures, SQL, SQL queries and performance optimization.
- High aptitude and experience in DB2 development techniques.
- Solid SQL development skills.
- Large scale enterprise mainframe experience.
- Enterprise controls and change management, ChangeMan a plus.
- Experience in mainframe testing practices and procedures.
- Experience in mainframe legacy application modernization.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and synthesizing skills.
- Curious and collaborative, comfortable working independently, as well as in a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Financial Services industry experience required, Wealth Management a plus.