This is a job posting from company – Herrera Environmental Consultants
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Montana, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
We are Herrera:
Envision yourself at a growing company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best while supporting your evolving career.
We are Herrera Environmental Consultants, a science and engineering consulting firm dedicated to working with clients to develop holistic solutions that provide social and environmental benefit. We protect the environment every day simply by doing what we do best.
For over 40 years Herrera has cultivated a collaborative, respectful culture that empowers our staff to achieve excellence, and we have fun along the way. Each of us has the unique ability to make a difference in the world, one person at a time and one project at a time. We provide our staff with the autonomy to pursue their professional interests and encourage professional growth – resulting in a high staff retention and repeat clients.
As our company grows, we are expanding our services in Washington, Oregon, California, the Mountain West and Western Canada.
Are you interested in using your Microstation experience to support the ecological restoration of streams and wetlands and the design of projects to improve water quality? Do you want to work with a dedicated team of passionate and creative scientists, engineers, and designers on innovative civil engineering design projects in the Pacific Northwest? Then this role is for you!
As an MicroStation/CAD Technician II, you will join an established Team of CAD designers and technicians.
You will be responsible for:
- The production of Civil Engineering Plan sets for environmental projects using Bentley MicroStation, OpenRoads Designer, and ProjectWise.
- Performing design tasks related to general civil site design, utilities, site grading, stream corridor design, culvert design, and the design of urban stormwater drainage systems.
- Building project basemaps from survey and GIS data, updating basemaps based on field notes, coordinating with multiple designers, and identifying and helping resolve discrepancies in field and design information.
- Creating and manipulating electronic surfaces, calculating excavation volumes, creating cross sections, and producing plan and profile drawings
Required education and qualifications:
- 5+ years of drafting experience working with current version of Bentley Systems Microstation in a professional capacity is required.
- Associate degree or technical school certificate is preferred.
- Experience with Bentley Systems OpenRoads Designer (and preceding InRoads) working with alignments, profiles, surfaces, corridor models, and volume surfaces for earthwork in the ODOT and WSDOT environments is desired.
- Experience with Autodesk CAD products (AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Infraworks, ReCap, Vehicle Tracking, BIM 360) and Bluebeam is a plus
The strengths you will need to succeed in this role include:
- Interviewed applicants for this position should bring work samples to the interview.
- Self-motivated, ability to work well in a team environment, ability to communicate clearly, and know when to ask questions.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to work within tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Experience converting data between MicroStation, GIS, and AutoCAD a plus.
This opportunity is open to any of our office locations, including California.
Application Deadline: November 30, 2022
We support our staff by offering:
- (ESOP) Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Flexible Hybrid Work Environment
- Comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vison Insurance
- Retirement 401K
- (EAP) Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation & Sick Time
- Paid Holidays (10)
- Employee-Owned Benefit Advantages
We are a values-based organization.
- Insist on integrity, objectivity, and social and environmental ethics in our work.
- Treat everyone with respect and dignity, always.
- Act as stewards of the environment upon which we depend.
- Research and outreach, learn and teach.
- Employee owners; employee leaders.
We Are Committed to Equal Opportunity, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. Employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Herrera does not discriminate based on race, color, gender, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status in accordance with all applicable local, state and federal laws. We encourage women, minorities, veterans, disabled veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply for this position. Herrera is an equal opportunity employer.
Powered by JazzHR