This is a job posting from company – Rapid Finance
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Maryland, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
Senior Business Analyst (Milestone Technology)
About Our Company
This is an opportunity for the best of both worlds between being on the ground floor of an exciting opportunity and joining an established and successful technology team. You would be joining forces with the technology team of our sister company, Rapid Finance, to work on an internal suite of products as well as build brand new commercial off the shelf products using the latest Microsoft technology stack.
About the Opportunity
The Senior Business Analyst assists in systems analysis, design, development, and implementation within the Business and Technology divisions. More importantly, analyzes the business requirements for use in both custom and third-party technology solutions.
This position will provide support throughout the entire System Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and serve as an advocate for the business users throughout the entire lifecycle of solution development. Projects involve the development of new applications, workflows, and processes or the substantial modification of existing systems. The perfect candidate can work in an Agile software development environment and adapt to various technology platforms and tools.
Our engineers will have the option to work from our Bethesda, MD office or remotely from one of the following states: AZ, NC, MD, VA, DC, NJ, MI, GA, TX, OH, and FL.
Key responsibilities include:
- Be accountable for leading solutions from producing technical requirements through testing and deployment phases
- Elicit requirements (using JAD sessions, document analysis, surveys business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, and workflow analysis) for software applications, structuring them in requirements documents for structuring them in requirements documents for stakeholder (buy in) or (agreement).
- Work with QA Testers to work with QA/Dev teams to do a walkthrough of the requirements if requested and run UAT test applications before releases
- Create user manuals and FAQs, and lead training sessions with users
- Filter, identify and report software defects as well as authorized change requests, and working with the Development side to get them coded, verified and deployed
- Partial user support in the form of participating in the IT Support Help Desk
- Coordinate with the Engineering team to review and validate requirements and work with development team to evaluate technical feasibilities
- Support and coordinate system implementations in conjunction with our development team throughout the project lifecycle (analysis/design, testing, rollout).
- Facilitate a smooth transition to the support team for ongoing support once the application is live and in “production mode”.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation on current and future state of information technology systems, applications, interfaces and processes
- Research and analyze new tools / processes that can help the team become more efficient
- Write requirements specifications according to approved templates, using natural language simply, clearly, unambiguously, and concisely
- Being a senior Business Analyst, you will be a part of interview processes for finding future BAs
- Bachelors’ degree in Business, Computer Science or a Finance related field, with at least 5 years’ professional experience within software applications support or 2 years additional experience in lieu of a degree.
- Ability to assume responsibility for large complex projects (multiple integrated systems, new technology), multiple stakeholders across several areas of the company that result in set of well documented technical requirements.
- First class written, presentation and verbal communication skills (Technical Writing experience is a plus). Comfortable and experienced in one-to-one situations, leading small meetings, hold training sessions for end users, presenting to large groups of senior C-suite executives.
- Strong analysis, organization, communications, interpersonal skills and project management skills are essential
- Skilled in talking with individuals and groups about their needs and asking the effective questions to surface essential requirements information
- Ability to distinguish user requests from the underlying business needs, and distinguish solution ideas from requirements
- Ability to respond to technical questions about functional requirements
- Enterprise level analysis capabilities: planning and scoping several inter-related initiatives and helping senior-level business stakeholders make informed decisions about which initiatives to tackle and how to tackle them.
- Demonstrated ability to work on projects and develop requirements across multiple business domains
- Are a Problem Solver- someone who makes recommendations by identifying the problem, collaborating with stakeholders and business process owners to solve complicated issues with sustainable processes and systems, with written documentation and follow up to test the implemented solution
- Organization skills – the person in this role would be responsible to work with QA team to ensure all functionality is verified
- Provides references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation, providing help desk support, and training users
- Proven track record of success in fast-moving organizations with complex technology applications
- Must be self-motivated and have strong sense of accountability. Have the ability to work with minimum supervision, solve problems and multi-task effectively
- Creative and flexible in attitude and style to adapt to new situations in a rapidly changing, dynamic environment
- Can work under time constraints and proactively manage priorities and be a team player with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to clearly tailor communication scope, tone and content to the audience both in email and verbal/phone communication as well as in ability to schedule meetings with the appropriate participant list
Why Milestone Technology?
We are excited to have you join our amazing team, great company culture and broad range of benefits including a technology allowance for team members to acquire exciting new tech items, online training subscriptions, and discretionary yearly bonuses.
At Milestone, our mentality is to always move quickly and creatively, keep teams small and flexible and always tackle complex problems in unique ways. We believe in a flat organization where everyone could take on new responsibilities, wear multiple hats and interact with members of the leadership team. Unlike a consulting engagement which can be a bit alienating, there isn’t a project or a finite engagement that is limited in scope. We are building a successful technology company together and that comes across in our approach and in everything we do.
Milestone Technology is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workforce.
Powered by JazzHR