This is a job posting from company – BlueScope
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Missouri, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
For over 100 years, BlueScope continues to build on our reputation of quality brands and products, leading technology and a customer-first spirit. Through our global brands, we are one of the largest manufacturers of building solutions in the world. Our diverse, bright and inspired workforce is committed to bettering the communities we serve through breakthrough thinking and innovations. Your goals, ideas and perspective can help shape our future – we look forward to hearing them!
The R&D Product Research department develops product innovations for market by the company’s building brands through research in the construction marketplace, consultation with customers (Builders), and experimentation, creation, and testing of potential solutions.
The Research & Testing Technician is committed to development of industry leading products and functional product application solutions. The Technician supports the Research and Testing team through significant hands-on experimentation and testing, including construction and deconstruction of full-scale product assemblies and maintaining testing apparatus, fixtures, and facilities. The Technician also contributes to digital design and communication of product models and test assembly lay-out and fixturing.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in construction of test assemblies, mock-ups, and product demonstration models. Support Research Engineer, Testing Specialist and other team members in testing efforts.
- Perform maintenance and service to research facilities and equipment to allow efficient and productive research and testing activities.
- Participate in ideation, development and trial of new product concepts.
- Provide technical support services (such as test assembly drawings) to team members.
- Continually expand knowledge of metal building systems, construction and industry.
Minimum Education & Experience Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5 years of construction industry experience
- Metal building systems product knowledge
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD or another similar computer software
Preferred Education & Experience Qualifications
- Associates or technical degree
Technical Skills & Competencies
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Problem solving
- Time management
- Technical learning
- Have the ability to use Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Be able to use and understand CAD systems
- Construction industry experience (able to use power & hand tools, read a tape measure, etc.)
- Ability to read drawings, lay out projects
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long-term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.