This is a job posting from company – ClearChoiceMD
Employment Type – Part Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Vermont, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
ClearChoiceMD is seeking a dependable part-time Registration Clerk for our state-of-the-art urgent care center in South Burlington, VT and soon to be opened center in Williston, VT. Our ideal candidate is friendly and has excellent communication skills and is comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
Part-time hours are 8AM-8PM, 2 days per week, with every other weekend coverage.
We are currently offering a $500 sign on bonus after completing (30) days.
Job Summary: Our Registration Clerk receives and registers patients arriving via patient walk in, gathering demographic and insurance information. Also assists patients with financial information, accepting and processing copays.
Duties and Responsibilities: Registration Clerk – tasks include but are not limited to:
- Greet patients in a positive and helpful manner
- Provide information and assistance as needed
- Obtaining accurate demographic and insurance information then verifying insurance coverage for all patients
- Using the computer system, generate fee slips for patients, review information for accuracy and instructions
- Provide necessary forms to patients for completion and signatures. Ensure all registration fields are filled in completely and scanned into the patient’s chart
- Keep patients informed of their account information
- Notify staff when patients are ready to be seen
- Collect payments, insurance co-pays, and PDRX charges
- Coordinate patient care or patient records with other clinic locations when necessary
- Gather reports from referrals and prior authorizations
- Be familiar with all locations, hours, directions
- Answer telephone calls, record messages for other staff and deliver messages
- Perform various duties such as photocopying forms, reports and patient information, faxing forms and charts
- Perform daily filing of charts and records to ensure excellent organization in patient records
- Maintain various logs of daily activities including patient count and financial transactions in order to prepare monthly tallies of operating activity
- Audit and balance all financial transactions to ensure accurate daily deposits
- Distribute mail
- Maintain an adequate level of office supplies and necessary forms as needed to ensure smooth department operations
- Provide positive team support for all personnel and department.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Maintain a neat, tidy, clean and organized work area including patient waiting area
- (Morning shift) Prepare the patient waiting area and reception work area for patients every morning (includes making sure the Keurig is filled and ready to go)
- Identify areas where processes can be improved to provide outstanding patient care, increase quality, contain costs, and improve service (giving information to billing supervisor monthly)
- Report any problems or concerns to the center manager and billing supervisor
- Adhere to professional expectations and guidelines in handbook
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Be organized with attention to detail
- Engaging, calm under pressure, and able to handle all types of patient engagement
- Be able to balance speed and accuracy
- Demonstrated good judgement, initiative, and patient interaction skills
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-3 years of customer service experience in a medical practice or retail environment
- Proficient in MS Office programs such as Word, Excel, and SharePoint
- Experience with Athena, DocuTap and/or When2Work is preferred, but not required
Supervisory Responsibility: This role has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment: This job operates in a medical office setting and includes possible exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, medical preparations, and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
Physical Demands: This position entails a high level of work performed at a computer terminal throughout the day as well as the regular use of a telephone or headset equipment. On a regular basis, incumbent frequently performs repetitive motions at a computer terminal and is subject to prolonged sitting. Occasionally, eye hand coordination is required to operate office equipment. As this position involves contact with the public in a medical environment incumbent may periodically experience moderate levels of stress.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work: The centers operate (7) days per week, 8AM to 8PM, typically full-time employees will work (3) 12-hour shifts and every other weekend.
Travel: No travel is expected for this position however, depending on the location, this position may work at more than one center. New hire training is held in Concord, NH.
At ClearChoiceMD, it’s simple: exceptional and compassionate patient care is at the forefront of our urgent care centers. ClearChoiceMD Urgent Care provides high-quality, efficient and affordable treatment of non-life-threatening illnesses and injuries as well as customizable employer health solutions. Our centers offer board-certified providers, state-of-the-art facilities with on-site laboratory services and X-ray. Founded by physicians who know and understand the need for excellent, expedient care, ClearChoiceMD Urgent Care is dedicated to meeting all the needs of the community, from infant to elders, school to industry and everywhere in between.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, age, gender, disability, national origin, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Powered by JazzHR