This is a job posting from company – Blue Mountain Hospital District
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Oregon, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
Provides direct and indirect patient care in the medical-surgical and swing bed setting. Communicates with physicians/Nurse Manager/co-workers, as appropriate, about changes in patient’s clinical condition including results of diagnostic studies and symptomology. Is able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment. Additionally, is able to perform general nursing duties in all departments. Participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Ability to perform a head to toe assessment on all patients and reassessments as per policy. This includes neonate, pediatric, adolescent and geriatric patients and the general patient population. Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and the skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patient population served.
- Ability to adequately assess and reassess pain. Utilizes appropriate pain management techniques. Educates the patient and family regarding pain management.
- Ability to revise plan of care as indicated by the patient response to treatment and overall plan daily for effectiveness.
- Ability to perform point-of-care, interpret, and take appropriate action on test results, per Clinical Laboratory’s and the patient care unit’s policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of medications and their correct administration based on age of the patient and their clinical condition. Follows the seven (7) medication rights and reduces the potential for medication errors.
- Demonstrates an ability to assist physicians with procedures and perform services requiring technical and manual skills.
- Formulates a teaching plan based upon identified learning needs and evaluates effectiveness of learning, family is included in teaching as appropriate.
- Demonstrates ability to perform treatments and provide services to level of licensure.
- Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity. Identifies and addresses psychosocial, cultural, ethnic and religious/spiritual needs of patients and their families. Functions as a liaison between administration, patients, physicians and other healthcare providers. Interacts professionally with patient/family and involves patient/family in the formation of the plan of care.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications, attending webinars, establishing professional networks, participates in professional organizations.
- Any additional duties pertaining to the daily operations of the Nursing Departments as assigned by the Nursing Departments Manager.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Maintains self-motivation and sustains a high level of momentum.
- Able to successfully prioritize when faced with requests, demands and deadlines.
- Knowledge of customer service concepts.
- Must be extremely detail oriented and able to accurately assess patient and document findings in the electronic medical record.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, in a fast-paced environment.
- Expresses excellent judgment, discretion and decision making abilities.
- Supports and maintains a culture of safety, quality and positive patient experience.
- Working knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements, CMS, National Patient Safety Goals (NPSGs), HIPPA and continued readiness related to healthcare or hospital standards.
- Ability to prioritize, highly organized.
- High work ethic, low absenteeism, attends staff meetings and other mandatory trainings as required.
Education, Experience & Certification/Licensure
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- RN License, in good standing with State of Oregon.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certified by American Heart Association (AHA)
For More Information, Contact
Dalaney Tuholski, Human Resources Recruiter
Why Blue Mountain Hospital District & Grant County?
The Blue Mountain Hospital District (BMHD) is located in Grant County, Oregon, at the heart of the John Day River, in beautiful, rural, Eastern Oregon. Our District is comprised of a Critical Access Hospital (CAH), Family & Rural Medicine Clinic, Home Health and Hospice, Emergency Medical Services, an Intermediate Care Center and all of the supporting ancillary departments necessary to care for the health and wellness of our community.
Our District spans from John Day to Prairie City, nestled in a valley surrounded by the Blue Mountains. The Strawberry Mountain Range and John Day River Valley offers a variety of outdoor activities, from abundant hiking/mountain biking/horse riding trails, to high and low lakes and ponds. Our area is known to be a “go to” place not just for recreation, but also for big game hunting and fishing!
Join our family-like team and settle into a lifestyle that is hard to beat!
For more information on our area, visit our Grant County Chamber of Commerce and Discover John Day pages at: and