This is a job posting from company – Voter Education Project
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Georgia, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
Reclaim Your Vote: Paid Canvassers
The National Urban League has engaged Strategies for Change Group to provide strategic advice and support to the Urban League and its local affiliates in executing the Urban League’s 2022 Georgia Run-Off Election civic engagement field program. The Georgia Run-Off election civil engagement field program is part of the Urban League’s national, non-partisan, Reclaim Your Vote campaign. The Voter Education Program, a subsidiary of Strategies for Change Group, is seeking to hire Paid Canvassers to conduct voter registration, voter education, and get out the vote efforts in select locations across the state of Georgia, in support of the work of the Urban League and local Affiliates. The OM will be a 20 day, state-based position starting on November 15th until December 6th. The Paid Canvasser will be expected to work every day with an exception of November 24th and 25th. The Paid Canvasser will represent the Voter Education Project on the ground in an assigned jurisdiction. Applications are received and reviewed by the Voter Education Project.
About the Job
Paid Canvassers will report to the Regional Organizing Director (employed by Strategies for Change Group) to execute strategy and manage goals from start to finish.
- Coordinating and participating in direct contact programs to motivate and mobilize voters
- Detailed and regular reporting of activities and results
The primary responsibility of the Paid Canvasser is to canvass door to door in their communities and neighborhoods in support of the National Urban League’s Reclaim Your Vote campaign. The Paid Canvasser will educate, register, and get voters to the polls for the 2022 Georgia Run-Off Election. Responsibilities include:
- Personally, canvassing communities within assigned jurisdiction
- Personally, reporting results to the Regional Organizing Director.
- Attending scheduled meetings on time.
- Ability to hit the ground running – this is a short-term, aggressively paced assignment.
- The ideal candidate should be able to work in a fast-paced environment, able and willing to work long hours and weekends, and importantly, have a strong commitment to social justice.
- The ideal candidate will also have a background in grassroots organizing, and canvassing programs.
- Able to demonstrate experience achieving results in coalition building and issue campaigns.
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, achieve goals and creatively problem-solve.
- Strong interpersonal skills and team player.
- Strong communication skills, attention to detail and experience successfully utilizing social media in organizing.
Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to work independently and in team settings
- Knowledge of Votebuilder/VAN preferred but not necessary
- Basic computer literacy and understanding of common political tech, databases, and software
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Access to reliable transportation & possession of a valid driver’s license, cell phone and laptop.
- Must be able to work remotely, as needed, given the COVID-19 pandemic
Job Type: Contract
Hiring: In PERSON Hiring will occur on November 14th.
Onboarding & Training: IN PERSON Onboarding & Training will occur on November 15th.
The Voter Education Project is an equal opportunity employer. Women, LGBTQ+ individuals, people of color, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Powered by JazzHR