This is a job posting from company – Chesterton
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Texas, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
The Pump Mechanic possesses a complete understanding of rotating equipment and pump repair. Reports to the pump mechanic team lead and works with other team members in the pump repair process. Utilize experience and knowledge of equipment, procedures and product specifications. Assist with the training of new employees and ensure quality of products. Inspects work and performs quality checks to ensure conformance to requirements. Will record data for SPC, either manually or electronically. Works as part of a team, and must be willing to support quality and production goals. Cross checks other pump mechanics.
Job Model: On-Site
On-Site positions will require employees to work on-site for each of their scheduled shifts.
- Support and adhere to all safety requirements in the department including wearing appropriate PPE and following all safety procedures.
- Build positive working relationships with co-workers to achieve productivity. Be part of the team by maintaining high personal standards of job performance.
- The ability to recognize pump repair issues, and use expertise and knowledge to reach effective solutions.
- Performs work from operation and planning packages, which include process sheets, tooling lists, and blueprints.
- Understands and can interpret engineering and shop drawings and customer requirements.
- Inspects work and performs Quality checks.
- Understand and support Chesterton Quality Policies.
- Maintains safe and clean work area on a daily basis. Keeps informed of and follows pump shop safety policies and procedures.
- Work involves moderate to complex set-ups and close to critical tolerances on various material types.
Complexity of Duties:
- Takes direction from the Pump Mechanic Team Lead. Provides training to various non-exempt manufacturing employees.
- Acts as a team member at all times.
- Checks own work with inspection tools, gauges, micrometers, indicators, etc., and has work cross-checked by a Quality Control Inspector.
- Works well with minimal to little supervision. No instructions required for routine work.
- Performs routine maintenance on equipment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Requires solid math skills.
- Ability to work in a Pump Shop environment.
- Requires lifting parts, tools, and fixtures weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Requires ability to read and comprehend engineering and shop drawings and blueprints.
- Ability to function as part of a team. Strong Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with others.
- Exercises independent judgment in work with pump components.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School or Trade School.
- Minimum of 7 years related experience with machine tools in a Manufacturing/Machine Shop.
Other Skill and Abilities:
- Ability to work in a moderately uncomfortable environment; i.e., extreme heat, and noise.
- Ability to train other pump mechanics as part of a team as required.
- Ability to work as a team, and to work with other team members to find a solution.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employees assigned to certain tasks within this job may be required to participate in our Medical Surveillance Program.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, talk, or hear and reach with hands and arms. May require: repetitive elbow movements, rotating wrist movements, grasping, squeezing and handling objects, tools or controls. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and may be required to crouch, kneel or bend and reach above shoulder height. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of the job the employee works near moving mechanical parts. Exposure to high levels of noise and temperature in the work environment.
A.W. CHESTERTON IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
All of A.W. Chesterton Company employment is contingent upon successfully passing a background check and the respective medical surveillance requirements.
Chesterton is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D