This is a job posting from company – Kokosing Construction Company
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: West Virginia, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
Kokosing Construction Company, Inc. ( ) is one of America’s 60 largest General Contractors and services a broad spectrum of clients in both the private and public business sectors. Kokosing’s services include the construction of highways, bridges, asphalt and concrete pavement, and underground utilities. For 70 years, Kokosing has successfully attracted the most qualified technical personnel in the construction industry by offering visible challenges, superior quality, and attractive rewards. With over $800 million in annual sales and a commitment to its workforce, Kokosing Construction Company, Inc. is the winning team.
We are seeking a Project Manager (Heavy Highway – Roadway/Bridge projects) in the Western Pennsylvania and West Virginia region.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of heavy highway/bridge construction projects.
- Ensures that project goals are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
- Manages Project Engineers, Superintendents and Foremen who supervise construction employees; charged with overall direction, coordination and evaluation of team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews project proposal or plan to determine the timeframe, funding limitations, project procedures, staffing requirements, and available resources to various phases of project.
- Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of project – arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
- Confers with project staff to outline work plan, assign duties/responsibilities and authority.
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure work progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Reviews status reports from project personnel and modifies schedules/plans as needed.
- Prepares project reports for management, client, or others.
- Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Coordinates project activities with activities of governmental agencies and subcontractors.
- Understands and is able to analyze and execute CPM-based project schedules.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Supervisory responsibilities, in accordance with policies and applicable laws, include: interviewing/hiring; training; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding/disciplining; addressing complaints/resolving problems.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
- (10+) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Kokosing offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, life, and disability insurance, paid time off and a 401K plan.
Kokosing is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action federal and state contractor. The company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class.
Headquartered in Westerville, Ohio, Kokosing is one of the largest family-owned construction companies in the Midwest. Kokosing’s business lines include industrial, transportation, buildings, pipelines, environmental, and marine work. Kokosing family of companies is made up of multiple companies including Kokosing Industrial, Kokosing Construction Company and Corna Kokosing. Known for unwavering integrity and exceptional safety and quality, Kokosing’s companies provide extensive resources for its customers.