This is a job posting from company – Curriculum Associates
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Arkansas, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
Professional Development Specialist (Math) – Arkansas
At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Are you an educator transitioning out of the classroom? This is an excellent opportunity to join a mission-driven company focused on creating equitable classrooms for students, and still be part of a school community! Curriculum Associates seeks a Professional Development Specialist (MATH) to join our team. The ideal candidate has a background in teaching and/or coaching MATH, as well as experience leading professional development with school and district leaders.
Successful candidates will show flexibility and synergy with different team members including our Sales team, teachers, students, and school districts as part of day-to-day interactions. The Professional Development Specialist will be responsible for providing targeted professional development, ongoing in-classroom support, data analysis, daily project management, and communication with district and site leaders. Dynamic, engaging leaders who are interested in making a lasting and direct impact with the way schools teach MATH to students from grades K-8 are encouraged to apply.
Why join this team:
- Work with multiple stakeholders across large audiences.
- Attend educational conferences related to your role.
- Experience new environments and challenges on a day-to-day basis.
- Collaborate in a supportive environment filled with feedback loops, a strong virtual community, and shared best practices.
- Help districts choose and implement a product with lasting impact on learning.
The impact you’ll have:
- Support district-wide adoptions of the Ready program and the i-Ready online diagnostic and instruction program.
- Deliver professional development to teachers, coaches and leaders on how to effectively implement Ready and i-Ready to impact classroom learning.
- Provide on-site targeted support to teachers, coaches and leaders. This may range from providing lesson planning and pacing support, to helping educators analyze data and apply it to instruction, to working with leaders to identify evidence of implementation successes and challenges.
- Work with district leader and site leaders to develop and revise annual professional development plans and schedules.
- Serve as an ambassador for Curriculum Associates, exemplifying the company’s mission-driven approach and commitment to creating better classrooms for students and teachers.
Who we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 2+ years of experience in teaching MATH, coaching teachers of MATH, and providing MATH professional development. Preference will be given to candidates with experience teaching MATH at the secondary (6-12) level and/or with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in MATH or MATH education.
- Strong working knowledge of the Common Core State Standards for MATH, Grades K-8 (or comparable state standards), including both the content standards and the practice standards. Understanding of the Math Standards for K-8 also preferred.
- Fluency with using digital tools including online assessments, and a high level of comfort discussing and applying data with teachers and leaders.
- Understand principles of adult learning and how to apply them to professional development.
- Ability to manage, monitor, evaluate, and ensure integrity of program implementations.
- Able to provide high-quality classroom coaching to ensure teachers have the skills necessary to deliver CA solutions effectively.
- Willingness to travel.
Compensation & Benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K, and company cell phone. Ability to keep all travel points for flights and hotels booked for work-related travel. Mileage reimbursement may be available for applicable travel.
Travel: Travel up to 80% is required and considered an essential function of the job for all educator-facing positions. Travel includes overnight stays at hotels and transportation via car, plane, and/or public transportation.
Location: This position is based in Arkansas and will be supporting districts throughout the state. Additionally, a valid driver’s license is required for this role.