This is a job posting from company – Merritt Precision
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Tennessee, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
Merritt Precision manufactures highly sophisticated plugs for the marine, automotive, and aerospace industries in Merritt Island, Florida. As part of Watershed Innovation, a Correct Craft Company, Merritt Precision provides the high level of quality, service, and confidentiality that customers have come to expect. Through expanded capacity and new technologies, Merritt Precision creates excellent value as part of Watershed Innovation’s vision of creating a better tomorrow today.
Directly responsible for assisting in the daily operations of the Gelcoating, Lamination, Grinding, Framing, Pulling, and Mold Finishing departments. Meeting facility goals in regard to safety, quality, and on-time delivery of products from one department to the next.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Establish and maintain uniform methods of operation for all departments within tooling
· Communicate information to employees within the tooling departments and to the manager
· Participate in the implementation of advanced manufacturing technology to improve the cost of parts produced
· Responsible for coordinating the delivery and disposal of chemicals and supplies
· Establish and maintain uniform methods of the Lamination manufacturing function
· Read and understand product orders to ensure proper construction of molds and parts
· Work with management to promote current quality programs to reduce waste
· Work to achieve a “zero defect” mindset in manufacturing operations keeping delinquencies at or below facility goal
· Participate in the implementation of new manufacturing processes, products, and systems technology to meet the facility’s goal
· Handle all employment related issues including hiring, training, appraising, counseling, and reprimands in a competent manner or refer to the appropriate personnel as necessary
· Support all safety initiatives and maintain a high awareness of safety in the facility. Provide a safe work environment and that legal and safety standards are being met by the company and employees
· Operate in compliance with all local, state, and federal laws
· Ensure that standards are understood and met by each department
· Ensuring work areas are clean and orderly.
· Follow instructions of Manager/Supervisor
· Inspects all parts so that they are complete and up to quality standards.
· Any other duties as assigned by management.
· Must comply with all OSHA and safety procedures.
Skills and abilities for success in this position:
· Give full attention to what other people are saying, take time to understand the points being made, and asking questions as appropriate.
· Understand written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
· Manage one’s own time and respect the time of others.
· Consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
· Must be able to work effectively as an individual or with a team.
· Must be able to perform tasks under time pressure deadlines.
· Must have strong attention to detail.
· The ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand.
· The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
Knowledge, Education and or Experience:
· 5-10 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment including 1-2 years progressive leadership experience
· Effective problem solving, team and interpersonal skills used to influence others to accomplish identified objectives
· Working knowledge of all processes and procedures required to perform all functions within Lamination, Framing, and finishing of molds.
· Knowledge of computer systems and databases used by Merritt Precision
· Must be able to work in a non-climate-controlled manufacturing environment.
· Must be able to wear proper safety equipment when necessary
· Must be able to lift 10-50 pounds may be required when necessary
· This is a safety sensitive position
Americans with Disability Specifications
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to weather conditions, normal office environment or factory environment that is not climate controlled. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The factory in certain areas maintains a high fiberglass and dust environment.
Personal Protective Equipment might be required in certain areas of the factory including but not limited to safety glasses, respirator, hearing protection, gloves, and protective garments.
Employees in safety-sensitive positions must report to work fit for duty and must remain fit for duty throughout their workday. To be fit for duty, the employee must not be impaired by alcohol, illicit drugs, or medication.
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive benefits: health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401K Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
- Bonus Incentive Plan
Merritt Precision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. All your information will be kept confidential according to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) guidelines.
Qualified candidates will be asked to submit to background screening and drug testing.