This is a job posting from company – XP Power
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: California, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
We are committed to our culture that values Customer Focus, Flexibility, Knowledge, Speed and Integrity. Joining our team means you will work in a high performing global company where employees collaborate and strive for excellence.
Senior Electrical Engineer
XP Power Sunnyvale, California, United States (On-site)
This position is within the Engineering Solutions Group in XP Power Sunnyvale CA and is responsible for designing, developing, modifying, and evaluating electronic parts, components or integrated circuitry for electronic equipment and other hardware systems including DC/DC, AC/DC, high power, low power, high voltage, and low voltage switch mode power supplies. Determines design approaches and parameters. Analyzes equipment to establish operating data, conducts experimental tests and evaluates results. Selects components and equipment based on analysis of specifications and reliability.
OUR PEOPLE – OUR POWER
XP Power is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to creating an environment where people are valued, supported and nurtured to deliver their best. Operating globally, we celebrate the cultural differences that exist in the countries in which we do business. Being a truly diverse and inclusive community helps us grow our business through innovation; attracting and retaining talent to engage the people who buy our power solutions. We know that by cultivating the ultimate experience for all our people, they will deliver the same to our customers.
- Provide technical expertise and solutions of problems identified by customer as a result of using XP products in their system applications.
- Design of DC/DC, AC/DC switch mode power supplies utilizing various electrical topologies. High voltage power design is preferable but not a must.
- Design and development of power supply products from concept to volume production whilst ensuring that the design meets performance specifications, cost & reliability targets.
- Complies with required regulatory standards.
- Adheres to Design for Manufacture (DFM) guidelines.
- Liaising with cross-functional team (PCB layout, Mechanical engineering, Manufacturing and Quality engineering) to facilitate the design process.
- Liaising with international manufacturing locations during development and product infancy to maximize production yields.
- Selection of raw materials, components and suppliers based on product performance specifications, reliability and regulatory requirements.
- Research and Evaluation of new technologies.
- Participation in internal design reviews.
- Design Verification Testing.
- Technical Report writing.
- Engineering Change Order/Notice generation.
- Test equipment/Hardware design and build.
- Electrical design of new and modified products, ensure products designs are cost effective and design for manufacturing.
- Performs cost analysis and produces cost estimates.
- Directs customer support.
- Performs complex bench or DV test for the qualification of products.
- Performs reliability prediction calculations and reports.
- Responsible for root causes analysis on products, technical problems and documentation.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities when required.
Key Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree and 10-15 years of job related experience.
- Must understand business strategies and have a high level of understanding for the business flow.
- Experience of digital hardware design.
- Knowledge of power conversion principles, topologies and soft switching techniques and technologies.
- RF experience and/or knowledge is a desirable.
- Experience of designing EMI filters / PCB layouts for minimum EMI.
- Self-motivation, initiative and drive.
- Working knowledge of circuit design and simulation.
- Experience with electronic packaging, electronic power supplies and power conversion products.
- Through understanding of Control theory.
- Ability to write and analyze design documentation.
- Strong project management experience and supervisory skills.
- Ability to make economic judgments with respect to product cost and manufacturing process.
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills.
- Excellent mathematical and analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and complete tasks with minimum supervision.
XP Power provides a safe and healthy working environment that is stimulating and collaborative, where employees are empowered to make a real difference. We place our people at the heart of everything we do. We understand that if we provide our people with the ultimate experience, they will provide the ultimate experience to our customers.
We also offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- 100% Employer Paid Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance for Full-time Employees
- Annual Bonus, based on Company profitability and individual performance
- Company 401(k) Match (up to 6%)
- Mental Health Benefits
- Paid Time Off (Accrual starts at 3 weeks per year)
- 12 Company Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off for Volunteer Work (up to 8 hours per year)
- Employer Paid Supplemental Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Veterinary Pet Insurance
- Company Social Events Held Throughout the Year
- A Friendly Culture Where People Collaborate and Strive for Excellence