This is a job posting from company – Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Washington, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
The Veatch lab in the clinical research division at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center is recruiting a Postdoctoral Fellow with expertise in immunology to lead a project developing novel T cell therapies in solid tumors. The Veatch lab focuses on strategies of enhancing tumor specific T cell responses in cancer patients and mouse models, with a focus on CD4 T cells that orchestrate the immune responses of CD8 T cells, B cells and myeloid cells, with the goal of developing strategies to activate the tumor immune microenvironment that can be readily translated into the clinic.
The candidate would lead a project centered on understanding how CD4 T cells modify the tumor immune microenvironment of solid tumors in vivo, performing and validating genetic screens to identify regulators of CD4 T cell function, and defining mechanisms of action and cellular targets with the goal of engineering therapeutic T cell products with enhanced efficacy. The work would involve using methods of molecular biology (cloning, CRISPR/Cas9 gene editing), cellular immunology, in vivo work with mouse models, multi-parameter flow cytometry, single-cell genomics and high dimensional spatial analysis. This work will also utilize clinical samples from an upcoming first in human clinical trial of TCR transgenic CD4 T cells targeting mutant BRAF in melanoma patients.
- PhD in immunology, tumor biology, or related field
- Experience or interest in working with complex mouse tumor models
- Eligibility and desire to apply for future fellowships
- Evidence of productivity, creativity, and strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- The candidate should be enthusiastic about this research area, goal-oriented, a self-starter, and be able to work independently in a team environment
- Expertise in multiparameter flow cytometry (10+ colors)
- Experience working with mouse models and familiarity with various handling techniques (e.g. tail vein, retro-orbital, subcutaneous injections)
- Experience with CRISPR/Cas9 gene-editing
- Experience in next generation sequencing data analysis, particularly for single cell RNAseq and TCR sequencing
- Excellent knowledge of fundamental immunology
- Strong analytical, writing, communication, and problem-solving skills are desired
To be considered for this role, please include a cover letter, and contact information for 2-3 professional or academic references.
Fred Hutch has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine requirement, with exceptions only for approved medical or religious accommodations.
As a condition of employment, newly hired employees must provide proof of vaccination or initiate the accommodations process before their first day of employment.
A describing your commitment and contributions toward greater diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism in your career or that will be made through your work at Fred Hutch is requested of all finalists.
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) Employer. We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability (physical or mental), marital or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at [email protected] or by calling 206-667-4700.