This is a job posting from company – Panasonic
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Nevada, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
Position at Panasonic Energy of North America
The intern hired for this position will be trained by these engineers and should expect to learn the facets of chemistry relevant to battery manufacturing. They will leave this position with invaluable skills and industry knowledge, in addition to a network of new friends and colleagues. Also, this internship program is highly regarded in our field, so successful participation will open doors for your future.
- Characterize and understand fundamental material properties of polymers in battery manufacturing
- Conduct failure analysis to improve battery cell safety, quality, or performance using optical microscopes, DMA, TGA, DSC, Instron and other characterization equipment
- Develop ex-situ evaluation and testing methods for polymers (separators) in cells to replicate in-situ loading conditions and environments
- Analyze and evaluate process input/output data to reduce defects and improve battery performance
- Presenting findings from characterization and failure analysis to engineering groups as appropriate
- Receive instruction in application of FT-IR, DMA, TGA and DSC instrument software
- Learn how to design and execute experiments using statistical analysis tools
- Use JMP to create multifactorial experiments and analyze data
- Completion of reports summarizing project work
- Other duties may be assigned
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- Our employee’s health and safety in the workplace is our top priority, wearing PPE is a possibility and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
- Completion of at least two years of full-time enrollment in a Bachelor’s degree program in Materials Science, Chemical Engineering or related field
- Motivation to take ownership of your project. Panasonic follows a culture of full-cycle engineering where members will have full responsibility and accountability for their projects from start to finish
- Be currently enrolled as a fulltime student at an accredited four-year college or university
- GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Experience solving difficult hands-on scientific or engineering problems with an ability to clearly articulate technical detail and thought process
- Familiarity with basic lithium-ion battery chemistry
- Enjoy problem solving
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, and collaboration skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to write and communicate technical / scientific information clearly and concisely
- Skilled with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- A desire to create a sustainable future through energy storage, renewable energy, and electric vehicles
- The program will be a fulltime paid summer internship working for Panasonic at the Gigafactory
- The program will be 12 weeks in length, and is planned to occur between Monday, May 22nd and Friday, August 11th. This date range is subject to change
- Must attend entirety of internship
Physical Activities: (Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to)
- Sit: 40%
- Walk: 30%
- Stand: 20%
- Lift: 10%
Tools and/or Equipment: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Keyboard/Computer: Continuous
- Office Equipment: Continuous
- Phone Continuous
Required Lifting and Carrying: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Up to 10 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 20 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 35 lbs.: Occasional
- Team-lift only (over 35 lbs.): Not Required
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic’s role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.