This is a job posting from company – Edward M. Kennedy Community Health Center
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Massachusetts, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
The Physician Assistant provides comprehensive primary care to patients within an assigned outpatient primary care and/or school-based health center location. Coordinates care of patients under the supervision of a Board Certified physician. Acts as a member of the clinical team and works collaboratively with other team members in providing patient care. Follows evidenced-based approaches. Engages in health center projects and quality improvement, and utilizes effective and appropriate communication strategies when working with patients and colleagues.
- Delivers direct primary care and preventative services to assigned children, adolescent, and adult patients. Develops therapeutic plans of care for prevention, management, and maintenance of good health for patients. Provides health education and counseling patients.
- Provides care for Acute and Chronic Illness and Urgent Care services, which includes assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and monitoring of illness.
- Works closely with multidisciplinary team and instructs and assists other team members in management of patient care.
- Follows established practice standards and current evidence-based clinical practices and guidelines.
- Provides care related to prenatal/postnatal services and care for uncomplicated pregnancies, in conjunction with physician partners, as delineated and approved for in request for clinical privileges. Provides family planning counseling and services.
- Adheres to established protocols, responds to medical emergencies within the facility assigned.
- Consults with physician partner and refers patients with more complex/dynamic problems to subspecialty care, as appropriate.
- Maintains and updates Electronic Health Records (EHR) in a systematic format and completes required documentation within the specified amount of time expected by the Clinical Director.
- Ensures that patient records are kept confidential consistent with Health Center policies and procedures, Joint Commission, and HIPAA standards. Monitors HIPAA compliance within the work environment.
- Attends trainings, weekly Provider and Team meetings, and collaborates on practice, administrative, and quality improvement projects, as assigned by Clinical Director
- May work a fluctuating schedule, including days, evenings, weekend shifts, and holidays according to schedule approved by Clinical Director.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s Degree as a Physician Assistant Studies.
- Active, Unrestricted Physician Assistant License in Massachusetts.
- Preferred bi lingual in English, Spanish and/or Portuguese.
- 2+ Years of experience required
Powered by JazzHR