This is a job posting from company – Georgia Department of Public Health
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Georgia, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
Under general supervision, performs nursing services in the prevention of illness and health maintenance in an outpatient clinic. Assesses patient’s condition, reviews records, administers medication and injections to clients.
M-F work schedule–Excellent benefit package–13 paid holidays
All Coastal Health District, County Health Department employees are deemed essential employees in the event of an emergency. As such, you may be called on to participate in an event not limited to but including, staffing a shelter, a Specimen Point of Collection Site (SPOC) and/or Point of Dispensing site (POD). When you are called on to participate, you are expected and it will be a part of your job requirement to participate, whether the emergency occurs during or outside regular work hours.
1. Obtains information on client’s past and present health history
2. Provides direct patient care which includes administering medications and screening and assisting nurses and physicians with exams
3. Administers immunizations, performs laboratory tests and collects samples (Phlebotomy)
4. Counsels and refers patients as needed to appropriate areas or persons
5. Maintains client records
6. Answers clients’ calls and determines how to assist them
7. Measures and records clients’ vital signs, such as height, weight, temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration
8. Observes clients, charting and reporting changes in clients conditions, such as adverse reactions to medication or treatment, and taking any necessary action
9. Works as part of a health care team to assess client needs, plan and modify care and implement interventions
Vocational/Technical degree in licensed practical nursing from an accredited college AND current Georgia license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse AND CPR certification AND completion of all necessary orientation and training for Public Health LPN. No experience required.
2+ years in a Public Health or outpatient clinic setting. Knowledge of women’s health and immunizations.
For more information on the State of Georgia Benefits visit http://team.georgia.gov/
Benefits for Full Time Eligible Employees
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Generous Leave Package
- Employees Retirement System
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Health Care Spending Account
- Dependent Care Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- AD&D Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Legal Insurance
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Specified Illness
- Deferred Compensation (401K & 457 Plans)
- A supportive and rewarding work environment
- Physical Activity Breaks
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discount program
- Tuition Assistance
To learn more about the Coastal Health District visit – https://www.CHD.org/
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or email. All qualified applicants will be considered but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted via email by the hiring agency for next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification. This position is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.
*Coastal Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer*
The State will not unlawfully consider an applicant’s race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex, genetic information, political affiliation, protected uniformed service, or other legally protected category when making selections.
If you require accommodations under the American Disability Act (ADA), notify this agency of your request by the closing date of this announcement.
Applicants chosen for employment will be subject to the following
Criminal Background Check/Fingerprinting
Reference Checks & Immunizations Required
- May be subject to pre-employment drug screen
Standard Benefits for FULL Time Salaried Employees
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 13 paid holidays, vacation & sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance.
No benefits are offered for part time employees.