This is a job posting from company – Cherub Medical Supply
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Kansas, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
Pediatric Home Service are leaders in home health care and a Top Workplace, we are committed to taking care of the child!
Is your calling in life to help and serve others? Would you like to make this your career?
If you answered yes, then apply for our Patient Service Representative position! We are looking for a service oriented professional to join our extraordinary team who are committed to helping our patients thrive. Check out what our PHSPeeps have to say: Patient Service at PHS
Our Customer Service department is a fast-paced, high-energy environment, you’ll find yourself challenged and required to use critical thinking every day through a variety of in-person, email and phone conversations. You will also be surrounded by a close-knit and supportive group who has the same dedication to serving medically-complex children and their families.
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
- Collaborates with other staff members to ready patient accounts for billing
- Accurately enters, confirms, and bills items provided to patients
- Works denied claims in a timely fashion and collates outstanding accounts receivable to assure accurate communication with payers.
- Coordinates intake for new patients by collaborating with the clinical staff.
- Interfaces with referral sources to assure appropriate information is received
- Enters new patient information into the computer system
- Builds paper file and prepares setup documents for clinicians
- Accurately documents information received and interactions pertinent to reimbursement of provision of care and management of private healthcare information
- Ensures insurance verifications are completed on all new patients upon intake and as changes in insurance coverage occur
- Assists with patient understanding of insurance and coverage requirements
- Answers phones and accurately directs calls, takes messages as needed
- Communicates with staff daily for needed tasks
- Makes copies, scans, and faxes documents as needed
- Files information into clinical charts accurately
- Conducts monthly dissemination of patient satisfaction surveys
- Inactivates and scans inactive patient files
- Works with other staff to formulate accurate guidelines for tasks.
- Participates proactively in quality assurance programs
- Maintains professional image at all times
- Assists with procurement of revised/renewal certificates of medical necessity from prescribing physicians
- Oversees receipt of, accurate completion of, and logging of all certificates of medical necessity
- Assists with procurement of all prior authorization requests and renewals for all payers
- Strives to expand knowledge of and adherence to billing requirements of associated third party payers
- Issues patient statements for patient share and out of pocket amounts due
- Coordinates payment plans for patients and prepares client records for collections as needed
- Processes and records credit card payments from patients
- Maintain understanding of supply needs based on modality utilized and individual medical necessity
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience
- To perform this job successfully, candidates should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Brightree software, and internet software
- Excellent communication and phone skills; compassionate demeanor
- Critical thinking and problem-solving
- Time management
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- 401(K) with match & educational benefit
- Paid Time Off