This is a job posting from company – World Food Programme
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: New York, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Applications must be submitted by Sunday, November 27, 2022 (11:59 PM CET).
The World Food Programme’s Division for the UN System and Multilateral Engagement in New York advances the organization’s mission of saving lives and changing lives through strategic engagement with the UN system, Member States, civil society, and the media.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
This position supports WFP’s engagement with UN development system reform, the Common Agenda, and other priorities linked to system-wide changes.
Reporting to the Deputy Director of WFP’s Multilateral and UN System Division, and within the relevant delegated authority, this position will be responsible for the following activities:
- Engage in system-wide activities relating to UN reform, the Common Agenda, and other priorities linked to system-wide changes.
- Provide analysis on trends, key issues to watch, and engagement strategies tailored to WFP’s role within the UN system. This will be done through oral briefings, written reports in English, and visual presentations/Powerpoint.
- Represent WFP in system-wide meetings, and support the engagement of management and senior WFP leadership in relevant fora.
- Prepare briefing documents, talking points, and position papers for senior leadership.
- Regularly engage with other UN organizations to exchange views and positions on key issues.
- Organize and lead regular internal updates and socialization on key elements of UN reform, working closely with relevant units in HQ, including through webinars, internal website updates, e-mails, and MS Teams or Trello.
- Other activities as relevant.
QUALIFICATIONS AND KEY REQUIREMENTS
- Advanced University degree in Political Science, International Development, Development Economics, International Relations, Law, Marketing, Communications or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
- Demonstrated experience in UN system policy and reform issues. Experience with WFP is not required, but experience in the UN system is.
- Demonstrated experience with both humanitarian and development issues.
- Minimum five or more years of relevant professional work experience in Partnership, Policy, and/or Reporting roles.
- Has experience in working productively with junior staff – including goal setting, support, and motivation.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Outstanding writing skills in English, and the ability to quickly and with precision produce briefing documents and talking points.
- Outstanding verbal and presentation skills in English.
- Facility in putting together visual presentations on policy issues with Powerpoint.
- Experience working on multiple work streams, anticipating key issues, and understanding how to flag or engage management and senior leadership for engagement on key issues.
- Demonstrated skills in working productively in interagency settings.
- Demonstrated skills in working across divisions and units within an organization.
- Demonstrated experience in ‘inreach’ and internal socialization of new policies or issues within an organization.
- Demonstrated data collection and analytical writing skills, including the ability to analyze and consolidate quantitative and qualitative information.
- Ability to be proactive, work independently and carry things through.
- Excellent ability to develop and maintain networks with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Ability to work and act under pressure and with discretion in a sensitive and challenging environment.
- Ability to interact with senior leaders with maturity and tact.
- Strong organization and time management skills with an ability to plan, and anticipate requirements, problems, and obstacles, and an ability to handle competing priorities successfully and work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to balance speed of work with attention to detail and quality checks.
- Ability to participate in open dialogue and value diverse opinions, regardless of background, culture, experience, or country assignment.
- Willingness to explore and experiment with new ideas and approaches in own work.
- Self-motivated and able to work with a high degree of autonomy.
- Collaborative spirit and reliable team player.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Limited Fixed-Term Appointment (LFT) position is a non-mobile staff appointment in the international professional category. This is a 1-year position and is renewable for a limited period of up to 4 years, depending on the needs of the organization and the availability of funds. The position is based in New York, USA and the selected candidate will be expected to relocate.
WFP offers an attractive compensation and benefits package in line with ICSC standards including basic salary, post adjustment, relocation entitlement, visa, travel and shipment allowances, 30 days’ annual leave, home leave, an education grant for dependent children, a pension plan, and medical insurance.
REMINDERS BEFORE YOU SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
- We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete, and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, language skills and UN Grade (if applicable).
- Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application.
- Please make sure you upload your professional CV in the English language.
- Kindly note the only documents you will need to submit at this time are your CV and Cover Letter.
- Additional documents such as passport, recommendation letters, academic certificates, etc. may potentially be requested at a future time.
- Please contact us at [email protected] in case you face any challenges with submitting your application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.