This is a job posting from company – Simplot
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Washington, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. The J.R. Simplot Company is a true farm-to-table company with operations that touch every aspect of agriculture, including seed production, farming and ranching, plant sciences, fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial product development, and distribution.
This role is responsible for overseeing and leading the activities of the Quality Assurance Team to ensure the processing of quality products that meet customer specifications, and that the Shift Manager’s team is fully aware of the quality of the produced and packaged products to assist them in meeting customer specifications.
- Establishes final frozen product quality grade using USDA grading standards.
- Accurately enters all product identity information for all product produced in an inventory database.
- Samples product and performs chlorine dioxide and peroxidase testing
- Performs metal detector checks
- Performs other requested tests and samples as needed
- Provides prompt and timely feedback to appropriate personnel relative to production related problems (i.e. excessive defects, mislabeling, package quality issues, etc).
- Makes brine and maintain supplies for shift operation
- Organize lab techs to work areas/lines for the shift
- Check that all samples are correctly entered on logs and databases
- Maintains a safe work environment
- Maintains clean working and orderly area
- Other duties as assigned
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
1+ years related experience and/or training
- Basic math skills
- Use basis lab equipment
- Good knowledge of computer systems
- Ability to work in refrigerated and frozen environments
- Good communication skills
- Needs to be organized, efficient, and have good time management skills.
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
Job Requisition ID: 11677
Travel Required: None
Location(s): FG Plant – Pasco
Country: United States
**The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.**
If you require technical assistance, please email us at [email protected]