This is a job posting from company – City of Salem
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Oregon, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
Make an impact:
Are you committed to making a positive difference in the lives of others? The Salem Housing Authority is seeking a full-time Outreach Navigator to join the Special Programs Team.
The Special Programs Team, Outreach Navigator role, is a superb opportunity for someone interested in working with clients at a mission-oriented agency to provide permanent housing and case management to the most vulnerable residents in Salem. This is an opportunity to be part of a solution addressing homelessness and housing insecurity.
Our mission is to assist low- and moderate-income families to achieve self-sufficiency through stable housing, economic opportunity, community investment, and coordination with social service providers. The Special Programs Team is comprised of staff assisting our unsheltered neighbors, those experiencing housing instability, and assisting rapid lease-up of Housing Choice Vouchers (HCV). We serve the most vulnerable, chronically homeless individuals in Salem. Our team fulfills four critical roles in our community.
What you will do:
Role #1 – As an Outreach Navigator you will provide outreach to unhoused and unsheltered neighbors. You will meet them where they are living in the community. You will assist participants to find, obtain, and maintain permanent housing by providing rental assistance, barrier removal, intensive case management, and wrap-around supportive services.
Role #2 – Provide day-to-day case management and provide access coordination with social services.
Role #3 – Complete other duties as assigned, including rapid lease up of identified Housing Choice Vouchers (HCV), which will include eligibility screening, income evaluation and rent calculation, and voucher issuance.
Role #4 – Complete other duties as assigned, including Housing Quality Standards (HQS) inspection certification, allowing the successful candidate to enter voucher holder’s units and ensure the unit meets Housing & Urban Development’s (HUD’s) housing quality standards.
What can we offer you for all your hard work?
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family.
- Paid vacation and sick time in accordance with City policies.
- Competitive pay.
- Employer-paid PERS contribution of 6%.
- Opportunity for voluntary pre-tax contributions to a 457b account.
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts.
- Voluntary long-term care.
- Employee wellness program.
- Employee assistance program.
- Work Schedule: Monday – Friday 7:30a.m. – 4:30p.m.
What are the minimum qualifications?
- Must pass the pre-employment background check.
- Must have an Oregon Driver license and have a driving record that meets the SHA of Salem’s driving standards.
- Bachelor’s degree from a college or university program in business administration, public administration, or a related field depending on area of assignment; and one year of professional administrative level experience involving review, analysis, and preparation of recommendations, development of administrative policies, procedures and systems, OR an Associate degree with three years of experience in federally assisted housing programs, low-income housing, rental property management, landlord/tenant relations counseling, and mediation skills; OR any combination of education, experience, and training that demonstrate possession of the knowledge, skills, and abilities as listed, and ability to perform the essential job functions.
- Case management work experience serving homeless and/or low-income households; in life skills counseling, drug addiction and recovery treatment, health and/or mental health services; services for elderly and/or persons with disabilities.
- Experience with or understanding Harm Reduction, and Housing First methodology.
- Bilingual proficiency preferred but not required.
- HQS Inspection certified, or the ability to obtain this certification within six months of hire.
- Nan McKay Rent Calculation certified, or the ability to obtain this certification within six months days of hire.
What you will bring along:
- Possess effective problem-solving skills.
- possess effective case management experience, time management and interpersonal communication skills, and be computer proficient.
- Ability to understand complex forms, have critical attention to detail, possess strong interview skills, be able to adhere to a structured calendar of appointments, and possess patience when explaining complex processes to Housing Choice Voucher applicants.
Where can I find out more about the position?
Go to the menu option for Class Specifications and search for Admin Analyst HA, I or view by .
How can I apply?
The City of Salem and Salem Housing Authority invites individuals of all diverse communities and backgrounds to apply for our available job opportunities as we strive to provide the best service to everyone. The City of Salem is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all and has a culture that values diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, we are better able to serve the community.
To apply, click on the green