This is a job posting from company – Space Dynamics Laboratory
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Utah, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
Job ID 9744
The Space Dynamics Laboratory (SDL) has been developing innovative technologies and solutions for cutting-edge DoD and intelligence programs for over six decades.
SDL’s internship program provides an exciting opportunity for undergraduate and graduate students to get involved with state-of-the art technologies in space-, airborne-, and ground-based systems. With the support of engineers and mentors, interns can work on mission-level assignments that complement their academic studies. The program also includes training workshops, networking opportunities, and a variety of summer events and activities.
The Strategic and Military Space Division is looking for an exceptional graduate or undergraduate calibration test engineer for a summer internship supporting our engineering teams in test system development and hypersonic materials testing. Interns will be tasked with varying duties based on current projects, needed support, and the development phase. The selected candidate should have expertise in design, development, testing, and fielding of complex electro-optical systems.
This internship is for the summer of 2023.
- Setup and testing of IR Window materials in a laboratory environment
- Perform material testing by following procedures and documenting as-run tests
- Plan, coordinate and facilitate new and on-going IR Window materials test campaigns
- Design, build and integrate new test facility to augment current laboratory capabilities
- Analyze results using software tools such as MATLAB
- Perform Optical alignment of lasers, off axis paraboloids, and diffractive optics
- Other responsibilities related to the qualifications described below
- BS degree in Physics, Chemistry, Optics, Material Science or related field
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, this position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
- Junior, senior, or graduate student
- 3.0 GPA minimum is required
- Experience with IR / Optical Systems, Design and Testing
- Experience in Material Science / IR Window materials, Vacuum systems, High temperature systems
- Experience with Laser Instrumentation design and development
Let us know in your application materials if you possess any of the following preferred qualifications:
- Experience supporting test design techniques in the investigation and solutions of electro optical problems
- Experience with data collection, test set up, test automation, and execution
- Experience with interferometers, laser and vacuum testing
- Knowledge of thermal, mechanical, and space environment effects of optical systems
- Demonstrated proficiency communicating clearly with personnel of varying technical and professional backgrounds
- Proven proficiency as a creative thinker and problem-solver
- Writing technical reports, presentations, plans, & procedures
Intern Hiring Period
Oct 1, 2022– Dec 31, 2022
- Interviews can occur any time within the hiring period, so we encourage you to complete and submit your application as early as possible.
- Our goal is to notify all applicants of their status by January 31, 2023.
SDL supports a variety of missions, including NASA’s vision to reveal the unknown for the benefit of humankind and the Department of Defense’s aim to protect our Nation on the ground, in the air, and in space. Our sensors, satellites, software systems, and science and engineering capabilities play an essential role in some important missions you’ve heard of, and others that you haven’t. Join our team in our seventh decade of delivering mission success.
For questions or assistance with the application process or the DoD SkillBridge program, please contact [email protected]
EOE including Disability and Vet
Powered by JazzHR