This is a job posting from company – Veolia
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: New York, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
Veolia Group aims to be the benchmark company for ecological transformation. With nearly 220,000 employees worldwide, the Group designs and provides game-changing solutions that are both useful and practical for water, waste and energy management. Through its three complementary business activities, Veolia helps to develop access to resources, preserve available resources and replenish them. In 2021, the Veolia group provided 79 million inhabitants with drinking water and 61 million with sanitation, produced nearly 48 million megawatt hours and recovered 48 million tonnes of waste. Veolia Environnement (Paris Euronext: VIE) achieved consolidated revenue of 28,508 billion euros in 2021.
- This position plans and coordinates activities of workers to operate and maintain water/wastewater treatment, processing, disposal and testing equipment in water/wastewater treatment facility to purify water to meet permit and operational requirements.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities
- Supervise employees at the assigned plant or department.
- Perform job duties in a safe manner compliant with policies, procedures and practices.
- Model professional behavior; report to work as scheduled, on time and prepared to work.
- Work flexible schedule that may include nights, weekends and holidays.
- Conduct laboratory analytical testing for product quality assurance/ control; and routine tests.
- Operate, maintain, install and repair (automatic and semi-automatic machines) equipment including pumps, valves, gates, mixers, chemical feed, biosolids processes and odor control systems.
- Monitor control panels, adjusts valves and gates.
- Monitor flow meters, gauges, flow ratios, pressures and related controls through instrument panels, computer terminals and programmable logic control units in assigned area.
- Monitor and document operating conditions/observations and data in shift log daily.
- Diagnose basic operational problems and take corrective action per procedure.
- Verify and report suspected malfunctions and variances as directed and take corrective actions.
- Ability to work independently in compliance with given instructions and direction.
- Perform grab and go field tests in order to adjust chemical dosages for processes.
- Comply with appearance and dress policies to ensure a safe and professional work environment.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) as defined by policy, work practices, and customer.
- Maintain a safe, neat and clean work environment this includes: work area and equipment.
- Work effectively in a team environment and provide support and assistance to others.
- Assist with collecting data and completing reports/ projects to support business operations
- Lead special projects to improve safety, operations, and employee development
- Train other employees to safely and properly use equipment at site.
- Take initiative to offer solutions and assist in problem solving at site.
- Engage with customers within scope of responsibility to provide work updates and notifications.
- Commitment to promoting and creating a safety centric culture and positive work environment.
- Perform other job duties as requested to support business operations.
Education / Experience / Background
- Degree in a related field (24 credits in Chemistry is a plus) or equivalent experience.
- NY 4A Wastewater certification preferred, will accept 3A Wastewater certification
- Five to seven years in various positions within a water / wastewater treatment environment with knowledge of methods, principles and practices of operating, maintaining and repairing water treatment plant equipment, instrumentation and associated systems.
- Lead experience or supervisory training required with understanding of human relations, training, performance evaluation and health and safety.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Must have an understanding of water /wastewater treatment process engineering, water quality assurance, maintenance strategy and laboratory procedures.
- Must demonstrate effective skills in troubleshooting, problem solving and team building.
- Ingenuity and initiative are required to coordinate problem resolution and to execute the schedule requirements within a team environment.
- Must have a general knowledge of budget preparation and understanding of cost control.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal communications and interpersonal skills in order to interface with and motivate all levels of personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare accurate, timely, effective, complete and easily understood written communications and reports.
- Proficiency in the care and use of all site specific, facility required PPE (Personal Protection Equipment).
- PC skills and knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software for preparing work related reports, charts, graphs and data submittal requirements. Ability to use computer systems for preparing work orders and purchase requisitions.
- Must be able to respond to emergency calls as needed and work extended hours to accommodate site needs.
- Demonstrated commitment to compliance with applicable laws and regulations, the Company’s Code of Business Conduct and other Company policies and procedures.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
A subsidiary of Veolia group, Veolia North America (VNA) offers a full spectrum of water, waste and energy management services, including water and wastewater treatment, commercial and hazardous waste collection and disposal, energy consulting and resource recovery. VNA helps commercial, industrial, healthcare, higher education and municipality customers throughout North America. Headquartered in Boston, Mass., Veolia North America has more than 10,000 employees working at more than 350 locations across the continent.
As an inclusive company, Veolia is committed to diversity and gives equal consideration to all applications, without discrimination.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer! All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.