This is a job posting from company – BDP International
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
Ocean Export Logistics Coordinator
Charlotte – Charlotte, NC 28217 US (Primary)
About BDP International:
BDP International is a privately held, family-owned non-asset based global logistics provider with annual sales exceeding $2.1 billion USD. Founded in 1966 by Richard Bolte Sr. and based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, BDP has grown to be one of the largest logistics providers in the world. BDP employs more than 4,000 people worldwide, and operates freight logistics centers in 270 cities across the world through a global network of wholly owned offices, joint ventures and affiliates in 135 countries.
The company serves more than 4,000 customers worldwide. Clients include Bayer, Dow, DuPont, Heineken USA, Honeywell, Johnson & Johnson, Revlon, Trek Bicycle, Wacker, and others.
The role of the Export Ocean Coordinator is to manage day-to-day transactions for export ocean using primary and secondary ocean carriers for safe delivery to global destinations. Working under the supervision of the Export Supervisor you will execute accurate documentation, secure bookings with appropriate carriers, ensure compliance in all facets of the tendering process including but not limited to dangerous goods requirements, utilization of required software programs to efficiently and accurately submit shipments for movement. Facilitate all communications in a timely manner to carriers, global partners and customers.
- Order Processing: Receive documents and initiate logging process, confirm data received is in compliance with all Canadian and global custom requirements, process all documents in accordance with requirements, coordinate cargo availability and arrange pickup and delivery, and finalize billing and distribute documents as required.
- Shipment Status reporting: Review daily monitoring reports, ensure all measurements standards are met, and proactively report non-conformances.
- Maintenance: Ensure all tables complete and current, assist in accounting issues, perform RFI/RFQ as required, and ensure all communications are prompt and content is accurate.
- The ideal candidate should have 2 or 3 of experience handling ocean export functions
- A college degree is preferred but not required.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced office.
- Good communication, attention to detail, and organizational skills required.
- Candidate must possess a strong team work attitude.
- Leadership experience is a strongly desired.
- Candidate must be PC literate with MS Office applications.
- CIFFA related education or Logistics Certificate from an accredited college is an asset
- Fluent in English (Verbal and Written)
Please note: There is no relocation or immigration assistance associated with this opening.
PHYSICAL CAPABILITIES: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Position is considered to be sedentary, and no unusual physical requirements are necessary to perform daily tasks. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to sit, stand, walk, bend, reach with hands and arms, vision abilities, hear, speak and read. The employee is regularly required to use but is not limited to computer, fax machine and phone. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Compensation based on experience. We offer a very competitive salary, full benefits, and casual dress environment.
Please visit our website:
*** This is a great opportunity to advance your career! Come join our growing BDP team!***
BDP International – The Employer of Choice
Follow BDP International Career Pages!