This is a job posting from company – The Tutorverse
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: New York, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
Make a positive difference every day you come to work by teaming up with The Tutorverse. We’re all about creating and delivering innovative educational services and products that students need to succeed.
The Tutorverse is hiring a classroom teaching assistant for our test-prep group classes.
Qualified candidates can expect a starting rate of $20-25 per hour.
How You’ll Contribute
As part of the team you’ll:
- Prepare classrooms with materials and set up, if necessary
- Sign students in and out, ensure they are picked up by the appropriate guardian
- Build rapport with students by facilitating activities with teacher, such as group work or checking homework
- Monitor student behavior and speak to individuals who are disruptive
- Keep a log of observations for each class to report to management
- Liaise with parents and garner feedback about classes to relay to management
- Serve as the on-site contact person for teachers; contact management if teacher is late, or other emergency arises
- Serve as the on-site proctor during practice tests; troubleshoot any issues, such as tardiness, behavior, etc.
What We’re Looking For
- Some college required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least one year of experience working in an academic setting; experience with middle school students preferred
- Comfortable engaging with 7th grade-level math and English subject matter (or above) – a brief assessment will be administered during the interview process
- Ability to prioritize, and follow up on issues in a timely manner
- Strong ability to follow, and to delegate, detailed instructions
- Must be kind, patient, and friendly when interacting with students and parents
Current students and graduates of education programs are encouraged to apply. This position cannot be used for college credit, nor can it be used to fulfill student teaching requirements. To be considered, please submit a resume and cover letter. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.