This is a job posting from company – Williamsburg Landing
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Florida, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
Essential functions of the position:
Coordinates and supervises all medical and personal care given to Residents
Job-related physical requirements:
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods.
- Needs to be able to move quickly through the facility, including the ability to climb stairs.
- Ability to push, pull and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Reasonable accommodation in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) will be considered for any individual deemed disabled by the Act.
Extent of supervision:
Is self-directed supervisor. Meets regularly with Administrator for information exchange and assignments.
- Supervises Certified Nursing Assistants
- Monitors home-health assistants and private duty staff
- Is the person in charge of the facility in the absence of the Administrator.
- High school diploma or GED
- Accredited Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) training program or Registered Nurse degree
- Current State of Florida License in Practical Nursing or Registered Nurse
- Standards of practice set out by the entity issuing the license noted above will be always adhered to.
- Demonstrates competence in serving the needs of aged and chronically ill residents.
- Must have knowledge of Residents’ Rights and always respect these rights.
- Must have knowledge of the facility’s policies and procedures applicable to position (including personnel policies) and always follow these policies.
- Skilled in working with persons with various degrees of dementia.
- Must have basic knowledge of and practice appropriate safety and injury prevention measures.
- Must have knowledge of and practice applicable infection control techniques.
- Must attend relevant in-service education programs and other informational meetings.
- Full Time, Part Time, Temporary
- Three shifts covering morning, afternoon and overnight (24 hours).
Works throughout the building, may occasionally accompany Residents on outings.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Administers medications and treatments in accordance with current nursing practice.
- Coordinates Resident health care under the direction of the Attending Physician, coordinates care services, schedules transportation, etc.
- Orders medical supplies and medications as needed.
- Monitors, coordinates, and supervises the care given by Resident Assistants and CNAs.
- Communicates with Residents’ families; condition, progress and needs.
- Performs initial assessment of admissions.
- Assesses and manages unusual incidents, accidents and medical emergencies that may arise. Completes all necessary incident reports.
- Maintains and updates Residents’ medical records and other nursing documentation following current nursing practice and facility standards.
- Maintains nurses’ station in a neat, organized manner in compliance with all state and federal regulations.
- Is the person in charge of the facility in the absence of the Administrator. Handles issues in all departments including inquiries of persons seeking information about the facility.
- Reports to work on-time and can be relied upon to attend work as scheduled.
- Accepts as a condition of employment, responsibility to be at the facility or emergency shelter in the event of a natural or other emergency (especially hurricanes). By signing below, employee acknowledges receiving a copy of his/her Emergency Preparedness job description (copy attached)
- Frequently interacts with physicians and other members of the medical community