This is a job posting from company – Excellence Community Schools
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: New York, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
Who We Are
Excellence Community Schools is a charter management, non-profit organization. The mission of the Excellence Community Schools is to prepare young people to compete for admission to and succeed in top public, private, and parochial high schools by cultivating their intellectual, artistic, social, and emotional, and ethical development through the Bronx Charter School for Excellence (Bronx Excellence) and the Stamford Charter School for Excellence (Stamford Excellence). Our network of schools accomplishes this by offering a challenging and rigorous academic curriculum – which at the earliest of grades has an eye towards college preparation. We achieve this in a supportive and caring environment that at all times has high expectations of our students.
Who We Need
We are seeking individuals who are dedicated, ambitious, and committed to student success and education reform. Qualified candidates must demonstrate records of achievement, high degrees of personal responsibility, and the drive to do whatever it takes to ensure that every child achieves academic success. This individual must be committed to excellence, lead by example, and see collaboration as a key component of success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as a primary instructional coach for teachers and learning specialists.
- Lead academic meetings and collaborate with school leadership to lead high-quality professional development and curriculum implementation guidance to meet the needs of all students.
- Regularly review lesson plans, observe teachers and provide teachers with timely, highest-leverage, actionable feedback
- Lead coaching and support on classroom and school culture.
- Contribute to the development of a rigorous curriculum, including a vertical scope and sequence aligned to state standards, through the creation of assessments, unit plans, and lesson plans, as needed.
- Work closely with classroom teachers and school leadership to plan instruction, analyze student work, and ensure continuity between classroom and intervention work for students with special needs.
- Lead in the utilization of student performance data to customize and improve instruction.
- Assist in the coordination of internal and state assessments.
- Establish performance goals for instructional staff and manage teacher performance evaluations.
- Collaborate with the Principal to develop a plan of action for the year, including, but not limited to long-term goal setting.
- Identify major growth areas and steps for improvement.
- Establish methods for effective communication, long-term plan for supporting and developing teachers.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Master’s Degree in Education or School Administration preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years of school teaching experience with a record of strong student achievement
- Extensive knowledge of best practices in classroom management and instructional strategies with emphasis on literacy and mathematics
- Exemplary interpersonal skills and an understanding of adult learning strategies to provide mentoring and coaching.
- Successful experience in leading professional development in large group, small group and one-on-one settings, preferred.
- Ability to use a variety of data sources to drive instruction.
- A strong belief in our mission and values, including the desire to make a difference in the lives of our students, families, and community.
- **THIS POSITION REQUIRES YOU TO BE FULLY VACCINATED AND YOU MUST PROVIDE PROOF OF VACCINATION.**
- Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications ($100,000-$136,573)
- Health Insurance, dental, vision & 403b Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off/Paid Sick Leave/Parental Leave/FMLA
- Short-term, Long-term Disability benefits and Life Insurance