This is a job posting from company – CACI International
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Virginia, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
Mid-level Software Engineer (up to 25% profit sharing benefit)
Job Category: Engineering
Time Type: Full time
Minimum Clearance Required to Start: TS/SCI with Polygraph
Employee Type: Regular
Percentage of Travel Required: None
Type of Travel: None
CACI/BITS is seeking a Software Engineer to support our Makalu contract. If you are interested and passionate about developing new products and components using modern technologies, then this opportunity is for you! You will be working in a fast-paced, start-up like atmosphere with new development in an agile environment.
On Team Makalu, opportunities include playing an integral role in defining the architecture for two highly visible, mission critical cloud-native microservice-based systems (Bodhi and ChatSurfer), while also suggesting ways to improve the overall performance, and look and feel of the applications. We have backend, frontend, and full stack opportunities on the team. Our team works closely with other on-site and remote software engineers developing back-end microservices, front-end web applications, and DevOps engineers tasked with deploying services to multiple cloud environments.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Day-to-day expectations include solving challenging, but rewarding technical problems, meeting program objectives within the agile development cycle, suggesting ways to improve the architecture and software baseline, and introducing new ways to meet mission needs
- Be part of an agile team where communication skills and the ability to execute within the established development process are paramount to your and the team’s success
- Work on a complex near real time web-app development team based on cloud architecture with millions of data records being ingested and consumed daily by thousands of users
- Help maintain the existing architecture and code base
- Design new features, services, and interfaces
- Help build out new deployment environments
- Contribute to a positive and upbeat team atmosphere
- An active TS/SCI clearance preferably with a polygraph
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related major, or graduation from a coding boot camp
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience working with Linux or similar Operating Systems
- Experience working as a member of a development team participating in the complete product development lifecycle
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodologies
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Familiarity with continuous integration and software CM processes / tools (Subversion, GIT, JIRA, Confluence)
- Experience applying industry best practices to ensure system .performance, reliability, scalability and security
- Strong troubleshooting/problem solving skills
- Effective communication skills
- Time management and organizational skills, including the ability to work in a dynamic, real-time environment with rapidly changing priorities
- Must be able to multi-task and work independently with minimum supervision to meet deadlines
- Familiar with microservice architectures
- Familiarity with build tools (e.g. gradle, maven)
- Security +, or other IAT II qualified security certification (within 3 months of hire)
Desired Qualifications depending on desired role:
- Familiarity with Elasticsearch and/or Postgres
- Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces
- Experience with Container orchestration frameworks such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Bonus if you have experience with networking, Redis, Kafka, Grafana, ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana)
- AWS Certification (Developer, DevOps and/or, Architect, etc.)
- A passion for creating beautiful, engaging, intuitive, efficient and highly usable user interfaces
- Familiarity with real-time communication mechanisms such as WebSockets
- Familiarity with Node, Cesium, and/or OpenLayers
- Familiarity with emerging trends in desktop, web, and mobile app development
- Experience with deployments, dev ops, and / or AWS Experience with Git
What We can Offer You:
BITS, a CACI Company, offers very rewarding and unique benefits, which equates to 50% of compensation on TOP of your base salary! The first part is a tax-qualified profit-sharing retirement plan, to which BITS annually contributes up to 25% of your base salary (not in excess of applicable IRS limits) to your retirement account. The second component consists of BITS’ Individual Benefit Account (IBA), which is used for premiums, medical reimbursements, dependent care, education and Paid Time Off (PTO) policy. Both components of the BITS benefit package are paid for by BITS, in addition to your base salary and potential performance bonuses. We believe in a healthy home/work balance and both of our locations offer a wide variety of activities to balance with your work life. Learn more at
Our philosophy of employee development and advancement rests on a cultural foundation of providing unlimited and equal opportunity for growth, recognition, and rewards. We provide the environment, support and responsive, available management to nurture and stretch your abilities. We also offer a career mobility program to make it easy to build a dynamic career at CACI and offer flexible work schedule arrangements to support work/life balance.
Company Overview: At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Pay Range: The proposed salary range for this position is $71,300-$146,200. There are a host of factors that can influence final salary including, but not limited to, Federal Government contract labor categories and contract wage rates, relevant prior work experience, specific skills and competencies, geographic location, education, and certifications. Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives. We offer competitive compensation, benefits and learning and development opportunities. Our broad and competitive mix of benefits options is designed to support and protect employees and their families. Employment benefits include health and wellness programs, income protection, paid leave and retirement and savings.
As a federal contractor, CACI is subject to any federal vaccine mandates or other customer vaccination requirements. All new hires are required to report their vaccination status.